Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi F-150 Lightning Owners!

Earlier this year, we shared that Google Maps EV Routing for Android Auto users would soon roll out to F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-E vehicles. As some of you have already experienced in your vehicles, we’re excited to officially share that it’s here and continues to roll out!

This feature is rolling out now to the F-150 Lightning via an over-the-air software update, enabled through 10.1.0, letting Lightning drivers who love using Google Maps through Android Auto enjoy more enhanced routing capabilities right from their Ford electric truck. Simply connect your smart phone to your vehicle, activate Android Auto, then use Google Maps for navigation – and you’re ready to go! Just be sure you have the latest version of Google Maps installed on your smartphone.

Thanks to this update, Google Maps will be able to share routing information like:
  • Battery on-arrival estimate for all route stops
  • Recommended charging stops
  • Minimum recommended charge
  • List of nearby amenities at charging stops
On top of that, we’re also delivering a few extra surprises with this update. Enroute pre-conditioning will be available when navigating to DC fast-chargers, and drivers will also be able to see available chargers and compatible Tesla Supercharger locations along their routes.

We can’t wait for you to experience this feature in your F-150 Lightning! We love to hear from our owners, so let us know what you think and share your experiences with us on social.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Awesome, looking forward to 10.1.0 update.

Sponsored

subseavet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
R&D Engineer
@Ford Motor ComFord please bring the pre-conditioning for DC fast charging to Apple maps and iOS users also! I love using my Maps app for long trips. Thanks!

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
Really great to see!

Enroute pre-conditioning & NACS option in Apple Maps/CarPlay next please!

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
We can’t wait for you to experience this feature in your F-150 Lightning! We love to hear from our owners, so let us know what you think and share your experiences with us on social.
Just me or does anyone else feel like their truck is Charlie Brown in the Great Pumpkin special. We watch all our friends get loads of goodies ( cool OTA updates ) and what did we get? "I got a rock..."

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
Sounds like a great OTA.
Hope this actually rolls out.

We've become skeptical because there have been a lot of feature announcements without actual rollout (for example, Blue Cruise 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5).

Sponsored

Lomilar

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
I seem to already have this in the '24 Flash and it's great. It resolves a lot of issues that was having me bounce back and forth between my phone and in-vehicle stuff. The range estimates also seem to account for elevation, not sure about wind. Nicely done!

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Already got the update and looks good.. haven't had a chance to fully play with it but so far I like what I see! 🤩

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (510A)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Already got the update and looks good.. haven't had a chance to fully play with it but so far I like what I see! 🤩
MY 23 or 24? Or are you a unicorn at 22?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
You got an OTA for 10.1.0 just now or the recent past?

I have my most recent OTA listed below in the signature
Then I have Android Auto on the phone at version 12.9.643854
And Google Maps on the phone at version 11.152.0100
FordPass version 5.6.0
Sponsored