• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anyone installed a homelink rear view mirror?

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
I just got this mirror: https://www.bobsmirrors.com/NEW-Adv...Plug-Play-for-2011-2023-Ford-F150_p_1784.html

The problem is that it didn’t come with any installation instructions. The listing says plug and play, but I’m seeing others mention needing to mess with pins and stuff like that.

I know I’ll need to shave down the connector a little, but is that it? Is it just pull down the overhead console and plug in?

Most videos I’m finding are about the Kia mirror. If anyone has instructions they could share, I’d appreciate it.
Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
I just installed the Kia mirror with an adapter from that company. It really was plug and play. You can pull down the black cover and hide the wiring. It’s just held in with a couple clips. I have an additional adapter for my dashcam wires so it wouldn’t fit. I. Just tightly wrapped them around the back of the mirror and it looks good. I’m not sure about this mirror. Might as well get it and try it. If it doesn’t fit just slap the old one on until you resolve the issue. Only take a couple minutes to take it on or off.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
are you going to do a writeup for the KIA mirror? that would be great.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Save your money. If you want to add homelink, do it to the visor. Used buttons on Ebay, $20 or so. Did that to 3 Ford's as I recall.

Andrewbens

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Mechanic
I just installed the Kia mirror with an adapter from that company. It really was plug and play. You can pull down the black cover and hide the wiring. It’s just held in with a couple clips. I have an additional adapter for my dashcam wires so it wouldn’t fit. I. Just tightly wrapped them around the back of the mirror and it looks good. I’m not sure about this mirror. Might as well get it and try it. If it doesn’t fit just slap the old one on until you resolve the issue. Only take a couple minutes to take it on or off.
Can you post a link where you purchased yours?

Sponsored

Andrewbens

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Mechanic
I just got this mirror: https://www.bobsmirrors.com/NEW-AdventGentex-Frameless-Auto-Dim-Rear-View-Mirror-wHomelink®-V5-Homelink®-Connect-Plug-Play-for-2011-2023-Ford-F150_p_1784.html

The problem is that it didn’t come with any installation instructions. The listing says plug and play, but I’m seeing others mention needing to mess with pins and stuff like that.

I know I’ll need to shave down the connector a little, but is that it? Is it just pull down the overhead console and plug in?

Most videos I’m finding are about the Kia mirror. If anyone has instructions they could share, I’d appreciate it.
I sent them an email I’m interested in this one but it says won’t work with auto high beams or lane departure.

https://www.bobsmirrors.com/NEW-Adv...Plug-Play-for-2011-2023-Ford-F150_p_1772.html

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I sent them an email I’m interested in this one but it says won’t work with auto high beams or lane departure.

https://www.bobsmirrors.com/NEW-AdventGentex-Frameless-Auto-Dim-Rear-View-Mirror-wHomelink®-V5-Compass-Display-Plug-Play-for-2011-2023-Ford-F150_p_1772.html
It’s not compatible if you have those sensors mounted on the mirror or mirror bracket. Our trucks don’t do that, there’s a separate camera and sensor not attached to the mirror for those functions.

If you check the part number of your existing mirror, you can look and see if it’s compatible. Mine worked and my XLT ER has auto high beams.

Andrewbens

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Mechanic
It’s not compatible if you have those sensors mounted on the mirror or mirror bracket. Our trucks don’t do that, there’s a separate camera and sensor not attached to the mirror for those functions.

If you check the part number of your existing mirror, you can look and see if it’s compatible. Mine worked and my XLT ER has auto high beams.
Can you post pics of it installed and you’re saying it will basically work right?

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you post pics of it installed and you’re saying it will basically work right?
mine is the one without compass, but otherwise it’s the same mirror. Installed yesterday and programmed my garage door. Works great!

Ford F-150 Lightning Has anyone installed a homelink rear view mirror? IMG_4689

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Can you post a link where you purchased yours?
I got mine used off eBay. Just search “Kia home link mirror” and a bunch should pop up. I’m going to put a short video together for my YouTube channel in the next couple days with all the information. Just need some free time.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's one of my installs:

Ford F-150 Lightning Has anyone installed a homelink rear view mirror? Homelink installed

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
where did you get this!
Buttons on Ebay. $20 - $30.

Longtime Ford owners know that most Fords with lighted mirrors on visors can be retrofitted like this. The visors often have an area that is already perforated for the insert. You unstich the material, peel it back, cut out area, wire buttons to light wires, and then stuff material back into visor with a plastic edge.

I have not verified that our visors are like this, but it shouldn't be hard to verify. Or look on an gas F-150 forum.

OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT visors aren’t lighted so I felt doing the mirror was going to be easier.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT visors aren’t lighted so I felt doing the mirror was going to be easier.
Right, you'd have to run power (there is a harness made for this) up to there.
Sponsored