Sponsored

Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Sure, but we have a dedicated button to put it in calm screen and hit it again and the screen will turn off entirely. That's something those hoity toity lariat and platinums can't do :)
Although I have never had hoity toidy envy, I think we are talking about different things. The following is the calm screen I am looking for a shortcut for.

Ford F-150 Lightning Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks) 20241024_191912
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
Although I have never had hoity toidy envy, I think we are talking about different things. The following is the calm screen I am looking for a shortcut for.

20241024_191912.jpg
Down button on the steering wheel gets there for me in one click (although I never use it)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Down button on the steering wheel gets there for me in one click (although I never use it)
Thanks. I have"This trip" as my default and with trip 1, 2, tire pressure,... on. so for me, it is three clicks on either direction. I don't want the quick access bad enough to turn off my other screens. Of course three clicks never killed anyone but it sounded like guys were saying I could do it in one so I was curious. No biggie. Just messing with this I realized the navigation option was in the same area which I forgot about after the first month since I use Android Auto. The truck is like my mobile phone. First month I go through all options and after that, anything I don't use regularly, I forget it is there.

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Gray, 2022 Mach-E
This also works to quickly reboot the OEM Synch Navigation if / when it freezes up. Can be used while moving.
Here's another option that I find easier to do while driving:

Press the volume knob and the Fast Forward (next selection) button for 10 seconds.

Ford F-150 Lightning Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks) IMG_6715

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
It's a great alternative for when the door handle nipple won't respond at all

Ok... I thought I was the only victim of the non-responsive door lock touch sensor. It seems to work every time when I have the key fob but it sometimes doesn't work while using PAAK. It seems to happen about 10 percent of the time, but it is very frustrating (and embarrassing) when you're standing there trying to lock the doors.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Ok... I thought I was the only victim of the non-responsive door lock touch sensor. It seems to work every time when I have the key fob but it sometimes doesn't work while using PAAK. It seems to happen about 10 percent of the time, but it is very frustrating (and embarrassing) when you're standing there trying to lock the doors.
Iβ€˜ve mentioned this before - I got used to locking my truck as I exit by pressing the lock button on the inside of the door starting with my 2000 F150. The muscle memory is still there and it avoids the inconsistency of the touch sensor.

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Iβ€˜ve mentioned this before - I got used to locking my truck as I exit by pressing the lock button on the inside of the door starting with my 2000 F150. The muscle memory is still there and it avoids the inconsistency of the touch sensor.
I do the same, but every now and then the horn will beep and the doors will unlock and then I use the button on the handle to lock it. Anyone know why the locking gets "undone"?

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I do the same, but every now and then the horn will beep and the doors will unlock and then I use the button on the handle to lock it. Anyone know why the locking gets "undone"?
Only time that happens with me is if the lights are in on-mode or the tailgate is down.
Sponsored