• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Bummer about the accident and the cancer. There's always something as my dad used to say.

Those memory cards fill up fast, I had that problem too with my dash cam. I tried to set it to overwrite the old data when needed but it never seemed to work and would just stop recording when full.

I put one in after a police officer said I turned left on a red light - he lied but it was my word against his in court. I had a 20years+ safe driving record until then. It was the end of a month and quarter so I guess he needed more trickets (trick tickets) for his evaluation - they say they don't have "quotas" but its just semantics. Years later that officer was fired for falsifying evidence - someone had caught him doing the same thing somehow.

Coincidentally, last night as I was driving home from the grocery store, a car ran a red light as I was entering the intersection - slammed on brakes and hit the horn simultaneously so the car next to me turning left was able to stop too. The red light runner slowed down when he heard the horn. We came within about 5 feet of a collision!

That is the second time at that intersection that someone has run a red light and nearly broadsided me, so I am always on guard.

Probably either 1)drunk or 2) distracted by a notice on their cell phone.

Like the old PSA, "The last thing Bob expected was some one running a stop sign...the very last thing. Watch out for the other guy!"

Truer words were never spoken!
I got T-Boned in the drivers side of my 04 GTO back in 2007 by someone who blew a red light at a packed intersection while I had a green arrow. If it weren't for people stopping to help me and talk to the cops that eventually arrived on scene, I would have been charged with the incident. Being a 19yo kid I was apparently immediately assumed at fault.
Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I got T-Boned in the drivers side of my 04 GTO back in 2007 by someone who blew a red light at a packed intersection while I had a green arrow. If it weren't for people stopping to help me and talk to the cops that eventually arrived on scene, I would have been charged with the incident. Being a 19yo kid I was apparently immediately assumed at fault.
That's true.
Police are people and sometimes we all jump to conclusions, loose our tempers, make honest mistakes.

To err is human. (To really screw up you need a computer.)

So are judges and prosecutors, which is why the legal system has a plenty of imperfections.

And like with everything, it just takes a few bad actors to screw the whole thing up.

Sometimes you just have to accept that, and move on. Other times, that is pretty hard to do.

Such is life on planet earth.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
what brand of dash cam? so I know not to buy that brand. glad your OK.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
... or, in MD at least 1 would be "high".
Yes, true, I should have used a broader term, "impaired, " "while intoxicated," or "under the influence."

Here's a story:

In 1970 I was traveling across country and entered Yellowstone Park, as I approached a sharp turn on the narrow road I came upon two young women hitch-hiking...just past where they were standing was a steep gully with a VW bug nose down in it.

So being young gentleman of that generation, I stopped to give them a ride. As we drove along silently, I started to inquire whether the VW back there in the gully was theirs.

Before I could get two words out one of them snapped "DON'T ASK!!!"
The other one was doing her best to suppress a grin and giggle, and not make eye contact with her friend.

We drove along for some time in a heavy silence. It was a long way to the visitor lodge from where I picked them up.

After maybe 20 minutes, the angry one, now calmer, finally said that yes it was her car.

I said bummer, and asked what happened.

She said they had been driving for a long time and were very hungry, so they stopped and bought some food at a store outside the park. The driver got a small yogurt and was eating it while driving as they continued into the park.

Then she accidentally dropped a glob of yogurt and instinctively looked down for a second to see where it went. The next thing they knew they went off the curve and head first into the gully.

No serious injury to anything but her pride.

We had a good laugh after that and, as we approached the lodge area, and a service station to arrange to rescue their car, one of them lit a joint to share. Some time later we parted ways, they walked over to the service station garage and I to a restaurant for some munchies.

I struck up a conversation with a server and she told me that a week before, someone had wandered off a path and into a hot spring, and two nights ago someone was mauled by a grizzly bear in her tent looking for the food she had in there.

As I slept in the back seat of my car that night - illegally I might add huddled under miscellaneous things so I would not be detected by the park rangers - I thought about how dangerous planet earth could be if one was not paying attention!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Yes, true, I should have used a broader term, "impaired, " "while intoxicated," or "under the influence."

Here's a story:

In 1970 I was traveling across country and entered Yellowstone Park, as I approached a sharp turn on the narrow road I came upon two young women hitch-hiking...just past where they were standing was a steep gully with a VW bug nose down in it.

So being young gentleman of that generation, I stopped to give them a ride. As we drove along silently, I started to inquire whether the VW back there in the gully was theirs.

Before I could get two words out one of them snapped "DON'T ASK!!!"
The other one was doing her best to suppress a grin and giggle, and not make eye contact with her friend.

We drove along for some time in a heavy silence. It was a long way to the visitor lodge from where I picked them up.

After maybe 20 minutes, the angry one, now calmer, finally said that yes it was her car.

I said bummer, and asked what happened.

She said they had been driving for a long time and were very hungry, so they stopped and bought some food at a store outside the park. The driver got a small yogurt and was eating it while driving as they continued into the park.

Then she accidentally dropped a glob of yogurt and instinctively looked down for a second to see where it went. The next thing they knew they went off the curve and head first into the gully.

No serious injury to anything but her pride.

We had a good laugh after that and, as we approached the lodge area, and a service station to arrange to rescue their car, one of them lit a joint to share. Some time later we parted ways, they walked over to the service station garage and I to a restaurant for some munchies.

I struck up a conversation with a server and she told me that a week before, someone had wandered off a path and into a hot spring, and two nights ago someone was mauled by a grizzly bear in her tent looking for the food she had in there.

As I slept in the back seat of my car that night - illegally I might add huddled under miscellaneous things so I would not be detected by the park rangers - I thought about how dangerous planet earth could be if one was not paying attention!
I smoked weed once, When I was in college but I didn’t exhale!🤣😂🤣
Sponsored