• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got my Heated Steering wheel retrofit message on Ford Canada - checked the website - haven't received anything in the mail yet. Very happy.

Ford F-150 Lightning Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06 Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 9.51.21 AM
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

techmatters

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
Tried scheduling service for this CSP and they won't put me on the schedule until the part is available to order. I asked to be waitlisted and notified when they can order but they said they don't do that and best bet is to call back every so often to check on availability.

Dealer's are kind of.. the worst? I'm in a more rural area and their knowledge on tech in general is completely absent and trying to get anything done like this even when providing all applicable information, they still have no clue.

Hope others have a better experience, I'll be monitoring this thread to see if people are actually getting this completed to signify any sort of availability of the parts needed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just another example of why MODEL-E requirements and performance penalties should drive drive better service, assuming the dealers can actually attract and retain skilled technicians, sales and support staff.

Fuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F-150 5.0
I booked an appointment for late October hoping that gives enough of a window for them to order parts. Definitely don't want my truck half disassembled in the shop waiting for parts.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I booked an appointment for late October hoping that gives enough of a window for them to order parts. Definitely don't want my truck half disassembled in the shop waiting for parts.
I think your dealer is simply being lazy. When the rear light bar recall was announced, my dealer put one on order for me without me even asking. When it finally came in, they called to setup an appointment to install.

I go in tomorrow for the BECM update/battery cell check and I expect them to mention that the parts for 22G06 are on (back)order.

Sponsored

Fuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F-150 5.0
Knock on wood, but I haven't had an issue with any of them yet so I'm not in a rush. It's still nearly 100 degrees where I live so the heated steering wheel is far from needed.

LancerBoom

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farm
I got the CSP 22G06 notice in my FordPass. My Lariat has the heated steering wheel and I turned it on and confirmed it’s working. So not sure what the performance upgrade is about.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
I Just got the notice for the 22G06 campaign as well. Wondering if there’s any Ford technicians out there that could let me know what’s involved in replacing the steering column control module (SCCM)? My is a 23 lariat with adaptive steering according to the bulletin that’s the component they are replacing. I am a little worried as it talks about checking the toe, concerned about how much has to be ripped apart.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I have the 3 CSPs & lightbar recall issue & the dealer yesterday said "UAW strike may slow down getting parts" ... will require them to offer the pickup service & loaner to my home. Service tech said I got a 9/15 software push that scanned my vehicle & reported no battery modules impaired - becm still needed apparently - anyone have results so far on the 3 CSPs/lightbar? Thank you.

PS - the official Ford documents seem to mandate offering the free pickup service since Ford corporate lets them bill back for it.

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
Anyone got this bulletin with a XLT (i guess it would be the 312a) curious on the HVAC part of the swap for other reasons.

Diving into adding features to a pro and the HVAC has been a tricky/problem child of the endeavor so im curious if the BEV really takes the NL3Z- 19980-S from the docs as nowhere lists it compatible with a lightning

Sponsored

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I went to the dealer to inquire about this. They told me that the part is only available for trucks with automatic wipers OR with power adjustable steering column but NOT with both. My truck has both so I have to wait for the part to come available.

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
I hope Ford does the Steering Wheel Heating fix for free. I sure would like to give Ford another (y)

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
G DANG IT!

Everything else got fixed on my truck but steering wheel parts are on back order according to dealer.

I was REALLY looking forward to getting the parts installed on my 23 Lariat!

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
My truck has the 50 dollar wheel removal credit. Will it eventually get the heated wheel back?

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I went to the dealer to inquire about this. They told me that the part is only available for trucks with automatic wipers OR with power adjustable steering column but NOT with both. My truck has both so I have to wait for the part to come available.
G DANG IT!

Everything else got fixed on my truck but steering wheel parts are on back order according to dealer.

I was REALLY looking forward to getting the parts installed on my 23 Lariat!
So…has anyone actually gotten this done yet? Are the parts available or not?
Sponsored