• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
I vislted my Dealer on Friday. Service Tech said parts are still backordered and that there was nothing more he could do
Sponsored

Last edited:

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Long story short 10/20 was scheduled for 3 CSPs and the rear lightbar recall. Checked in early in the week to make sure they had all parts. They said they did. Picked it up on 10/20 to learn they could not do the heated steering wheel due to lack of parts. :( They said the parts were ordered with my name on them. I guess 3 of 4 is not bad.

Service called me yesterday saying parts are in. Dropping it off on way home tonight. Fingers crossed that they'll be warmer tomorrow afternoon.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I vislted my Dealer on Friday. Service Tech said parts are still backordered and that there was nothing more he could do

Same thing here. I had an appointment setup for yesterday for the recall for heated steering wheel and the lightbar. This time last week, I called them to make sure everything was a go. The guy put me on hold for close to 5 minutes. He came back and said that everything looks good but he had to check a few more things. He said that he'd call me back if there was a problem, and he said if I don't call you back today, that means everything is set and to bring it in at 7am Monday. I dropped it off Sunday night and left my fob and my info. They called me Monday morning and said that the parts were on backorder and that they were sorry. They are now, not sure when the parts will be here. πŸ˜‘

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT delivery
Long story short 10/20 was scheduled for 3 CSPs and the rear lightbar recall. Checked in early in the week to make sure they had all parts. They said they did. Picked it up on 10/20 to learn they could not do the heated steering wheel due to lack of parts. :( They said the parts were ordered with my name on them. I guess 3 of 4 is not bad.

Service called me yesterday saying parts are in. Dropping it off on way home tonight. Fingers crossed that they'll be warmer tomorrow afternoon.
Just can't make this stuff up! "Installed new SCCM. Ran PMI before and after. Could not enable heated steering wheel. FDRS is down." Maybe tomorrow .........

Sponsored

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So my truck has the steering wheel, battery module, and the light bar. I called my local dealer maybe four weeks ago to start the processed order parts and they’re still not in and they have no ETA. I don’t understand how some people here are getting parts in a week and I’m just sitting here waiting and waiting and waiting. Meanwhile, my rear light bar flashes like I’m at an EDM concert.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Just can't make this stuff up! "Installed new SCCM. Ran PMI before and after. Could not enable heated steering wheel. FDRS is down." Maybe tomorrow .........
Same things is happening to me. They can't enable it. Ford has issued a hold on the heated steering wheel CSP, per my Service Advisor an hour ago.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT delivery
Same things is happening to me. They can't enable it. Ford has issued a hold on the heated steering wheel CSP, per my Service Advisor an hour ago.
saga continues... left directional would not disengage automatically after completing a left turn. Exchanged texts with Service Advisor. Scheduled me for 2:30. So, looks like I got a defective module. They put the older version module back in and ordered me another module. In line with what you said, above she informs me the instructions have been pulled back by Ford. Apparently it was causing problems with other modules. So when the updated module comes in and Ford releases the update, they will contact me to pickup my truck, and leave me with a loaner.

have a good weekend

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
saga continues... left directional would not disengage automatically after completing a left turn. Exchanged texts with Service Advisor. Scheduled me for 2:30. So, looks like I got a defective module. They put the older version module back in and ordered me another module. In line with what you said, above she informs me the instructions have been pulled back by Ford. Apparently it was causing problems with other modules. So when the updated module comes in and Ford releases the update, they will contact me to pickup my truck, and leave me with a loaner.

have a good weekend
Did you get any guidance on when the updated module will be in and what that PN is?

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Just got a call from my dealership, they have all my parts for the heated steering wheel upgrade, tail light bar replacement and the planned battery control module update.

They said should take a day of work, drop off at 9 and pickup at 5.

I have it scheduled for 11/8 and will report back on how it all goes.

This - plus the fix Ford did remotely for my connectivity issue and the latest OTA 6.3.0 updates feels like Christmas came a little early!

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Just got a call from my dealership, they have all my parts for the heated steering wheel upgrade, tail light bar replacement and the planned battery control module update.

This - plus the fix Ford did remotely for my connectivity issue and the latest OTA 6.3.0 updates feels like Christmas came a little early!
Does 6.3 fix connectivity issues or is that something else?

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum 14 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired

Kstype did you have to bring your truck in first to have the dealer check to see what parts were needed to be ordered?
That's what my dealer has told me so reluctantly bring it on Monday.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I had mine in for the 20,000 mile service and to replace the front bumper trim panel that was slightly warping on one side. When they replaced that I showed them the rest of the items (dash mat etc) and said I just want to bring it in one time and they agreed and made it happen. I believe he had to put in an order to get the part.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT delivery
Did you get any guidance on when the updated module will be in and what that PN is?
No guidance on timing. On invoice from Wednesday, the SCCM part number might be NL3Z*19980*S

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
No guidance on timing. On invoice from Wednesday, the SCCM part number might be NL3Z*19980*S
Yeah I picked up yesterday. They said the updated part is installed. Just no software support?
Sponsored