• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Home Assistant - Ford F150 Lightning Dashboard.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I took a less complicated approach. The fancy and very pretty dashboard is fancy and very pretty. But tbh not worth my time and headaches. I have a the status charger, lock, and range status on my home dash screen. And another dash that just lists it all out on an entities card.

I also have a few automations and scripts:
  • Automation that checks if the charger is connected at 7pm and again at 9pm. If it is not connected, it sends a notification to my phone and announces over my amazon echo speakers that the charger is not connected. Same check is called when I activate my sleep script in case I still forgot.

• Script to remote start the truck turning on the ignition switch. And a script to stop the truck turning off the ignition switch. Theses start and stop scripts can be called by buttons on the dash, or by a shortcut on my Google Pixel Watch.

• Unrelated to home assistant, I have the FordPass skill in Alexa. Custom routine responds to me saying "Alexa, start the truck" by obviously starting the truck.
My local network at home, including home assistant, is connected to my phone over a VPN, so is always accessible and very handy.

Ford F-150 Lightning Home Assistant - Ford F150 Lightning Dashboard. 1000014626
Ford F-150 Lightning Home Assistant - Ford F150 Lightning Dashboard. 1000014627
Sponsored

Last edited:

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The fancy and very pretty dashboard is fancy and very pretty. But tbh not worth my time and headaches
Totally understandable. To some, it's just a tool. To others, it's also a hobby as well. If it isn't a hobby, I don't blame anyone for just making it work in a utilitarian way.

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Attached. Let me know if any questions... To be honest I have never checked to see if the PRND gear status works, but the code is there to change the color of the active gear letter.

The indicators do work, it's telling me my 12v is pretty low at the moment.
How come everytime I copy paste this code i get errors? I have mushrooms and button cards downloaded..so frustrating

Milli42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
It took me awhile to get this to work, like many hours, but ended up working out ok. I've integrated my Emporia Car charger to it was well to calculate the costs per session/month. The top card shows the car battery level, 12V level (just so happens to be the same right now), estimated mileage and active charging watts. On the main card, I took out some of the symbols since they didn't appear to work and just moved everything around and added some extra stats.

Ford F-150 Lightning Home Assistant - Ford F150 Lightning Dashboard. Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 1.01.49 PM

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
How come everytime I copy paste this code i get errors? I have mushrooms and button cards downloaded..so frustrating
I couldn't begin to guess, could be anything really, from formatting messed up in the copy to maybe some of my attribute entities aren't set up on your instance...

Sponsored

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Edit: @Punk9721 , I got it fairly quickly. The errors should tell you what the issue is. Can you post a screenshot?

Last edited:

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
It took me awhile to get this to work, like many hours, but ended up working out ok. I've integrated my Emporia Car charger to it was well to calculate the costs per session/month. The top card shows the car battery level, 12V level (just so happens to be the same right now), estimated mileage and active charging watts. On the main card, I took out some of the symbols since they didn't appear to work and just moved everything around and added some extra stats.

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 1.01.49 PM.png
This is fantastic, I am going to setup HA soon - could you share this? Excellent.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
This is fantastic, I am going to setup HA soon - could you share this? Excellent.
Just a heads up, if you are working on adding it today or in the near future, it looks like ford changed the API and now the integration is not working. Hopefully just a short blip, and not them taking away 3rd party access. Broke my Apple shortcuts too.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Just a heads up, if you are working on adding it today or in the near future, it looks like ford changed the API and now the integration is not working. Hopefully just a short blip, and not them taking away 3rd party access. Broke my Apple shortcuts too.
My iPhone Walk Away Lock shortcut still works. I use Alexa instead of the unofficial API.

JohnsonEJ23

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Version 1.7 is available on GitHub (not showing via HACS). You have to manually copy the files, but I just did it tonight and it fixed mine!
Sponsored