Sponsored

How do I fold down drivers side rear seat ?

Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F350 diesel dually, 2020 Platinum Escape Hybr
Occupation
Retired
I can’t get the rear seat back to fold down on my 2022 Lariat. The passenger rear seat has a little tab on the side to release it but there isn’t one on the driver side. I did manage to get it to release a couple times by lifting up on a little button on the inside but took a fair amount of skin off my finger doing so. There must be a better way. Has anyone else encountered this or have any suggestions?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I installed this kit and it works great. Also shows how to release the seat with a closed-end wrench which you figured out it seems.

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Don’t waste your time or money, there is nothing back there you need and there is no room to store anything. Been there, done that, 2022 Lightning Lariat . If you lift the bottom seat up, the seat back tilts forward to give you a little more room. I made a wire loop to catch the latch pin and release the latch.

Sponsored

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
Don’t waste your time or money, there is nothing back there you need and there is no room to store anything. Been there, done that, 2022 Lightning Lariat . If you lift the bottom seat up, the seat back tilts forward to give you a little more room. I made a wire loop to catch the latch pin and release the latch.
lowly xlt owners have some space there 😅

OP
OP

Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F350 diesel dually, 2020 Platinum Escape Hybr
Occupation
Retired
I wanted to get the seat out of the way to fit some long boards through the rear window