• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How good is Blue Oval charging network for auto connect and payment?

How good is Blue Oval for payment and activation at a Blue Oval Charger?

• Total voters

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog have you heard or seen anything about this?
No, but I'm suspicious of the GPAY part of your snap shot, is this number one of those alter-ego numbers to protect your privacy/account security?

Try eliminating ALL card codes, and then re-add the original card code not using any GPAY values.

Ford F-150 Lightning How good is Blue Oval charging network for auto connect and payment? 1726924833757-jl
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think in all two years of charging at many, many, many different locations and charge providers, I've had ONE time where the BlueOval account payment did not activate, or the payment didn't 'go thru', and probably it was due to my card replacement which I had not updated with FORD.

Interestingly, though, I've seen lately that many of these replacement cards and/or card renewals are actually automatically updated in many online systems... hmmmm.

BlueOval PLUG N CHARGE has worked flawlessly from the get-go with all TESLA Superchargers, the many, many charges I've made over the last several months, in four SE states, at 10-12 different locations, in GA, FL, SC, and AL.
I've had a SINGLE incident when a Supercharger did not seem to want to activate. Could have been my own fault. I moved to another unit and it worked just fine.
I receive a Ford BlueOval BILLING email almost IMMEDIATELY every time I disconnect, whether Tesla, EA, CP or EVgo... all work with BlueOval easily, though with CP or EVgo and some others you have to activate them from the FordPassAPP, or the truck's center CHARGE APP screen.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
No, but I'm suspicious of the GPAY part of your snap shot, is this number one of those alter-ego numbers to protect your privacy/account security?

Try eliminating ALL card codes, and then re-add the original card code not using any GPAY values.

1726924833757-jl.jpg
In this case, no it's not a security dummy number, it's the actual credit card number.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter anyway as 1) this card was magically fine until I went from the MachE to the Lightning, 2) I never use or have used GPay for it, 3) I've used other cards not connected to GPay still with the same result.

I'll be sending all my info to @Ford Motor Company to see if they can help cause it is a terrible user experience. Especially considering it was flawless for my previous vehicle - so I know how it should work lol

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Especially considering it was flawless for my previous vehicle - so I know how it should work lol
Is your former Mach-E vehicle profile still attached to your Ford account / Garage or has it been deleted?
Sponsored