• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Alexjake2329

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning pro
Occupation
HVAC tech
Just clarify the free 2 month won’t allow to import the lcdma/b files. Only the paid version will work?
Sponsored

Alexjake2329

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning pro
Occupation
HVAC tech
Ugh can’t get it to see the update files. Downloaded the files. Bought the license and filled the steps. No codes or anything. Don’t have 2.4

Alexjake2329

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning pro
Occupation
HVAC tech
How did you end up fixing this. I can’t get the files to show up on forscan

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
How did you get 2.4? Having the same issue you have. I have the paid version.
I think they send you a code to unlock the beta version. There is a link to the download on the forum section on the forscan website. If that doesn't work email them and they will get you squared away.

Sponsored

Alexjake2329

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning pro
Occupation
HVAC tech
I think they send you a code to unlock the beta version. There is a link to the download on the forum section on the forscan website. If that doesn't work email them and they will get you squared away.
Was able to figure it out. Thanks for the forum guys.
Ford F-150 Lightning How To: Front Light Bar on Lightning Pro image

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
Added mine to the list of Pros with light bars. Thanks again to @shoopg and @KurtsRPMGarage for the help with this!

The first light bar I bought off eBay didn't work due to a missing pin. I was able to return it and get a refund no problem though. Second light bar I bought worked perfectly.

Ford F-150 Lightning How To: Front Light Bar on Lightning Pro IMG_0879

Ford F-150 Lightning How To: Front Light Bar on Lightning Pro IMG_0882

OP
OP
shoopg

shoopg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
Added mine to the list of Pros with light bars. Thanks again to @shoopg and @KurtsRPMGarage for the help with this!

The first light bar I bought off eBay didn't work due to a missing pin. I was able to return it and get a refund no problem though. Second light bar I bought worked perfectly.

IMG_0879.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg
Looks sharp in white!

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
Looks sharp in white!

Agreed! Some think the oxford white is boring but I personally love it. I mean, my preferred color would have been iced blue silver but for some reason Ford discontinued that color for the 2023s.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Heads up to anyone who is planning on doing this mod soon, check out latest pricing for new light bars on the Ford parts websites.
Prices have dropped drastically recently.
You can now buy brand new OEM light bars for around $200.
No need to risk money on questionable used ones on ebay.
I just ordered one for my PRO. :giggle:

Sponsored

hipchecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
This is awesome information, hoping someone can help with an issue issue I’m having with a light bar install on a pro.

Long story short, I had a fender bender and had to replace the passenger headlight, etc. . At the same time I’m having the body shop upgrade the grill and add the light bar.

The problem is the passenger lights don’t work fully and only half the light bar lights up. They replaced both of them with new parts and again, the same problem. They have shipped my truck to the Ford dealer, and they are not able to figure out the problem either.

I’m going to send them a link to this thread, but does anyone know offhand what the problem could be? I haven’t had my truck for four weeks now and I need her back ASAP!!!

thank you

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have no idea why your headlight doesn' work if they did Ford replacement. I would have thought the programming was there. The reason your light bar doesn't work is in this thread. The power to the light bar, to make it light up, comes from the head lights. But your truck doesn't have the right SW because it didn't have the light bar. So you have to get the software from an upper level trim (I think the links or SW is earlier in this thread). You have to side load the software so that you can then tell the head light it needs to power the light bar.

To say the least if you have a new headlight that isn't working, it likely also is software, but your body shop and or Ford need to get that light working first.

hipchecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I have no idea why your headlight doesn' work if they did Ford replacement. I would have thought the programming was there. The reason your light bar doesn't work is in this thread. The power to the light bar, to make it light up, comes from the head lights. But your truck doesn't have the right SW because it didn't have the light bar. So you have to get the software from an upper level trim (I think the links or SW is earlier in this thread). You have to side load the software so that you can then tell the head light it needs to power the light bar.

To say the least if you have a new headlight that isn't working, it likely also is software, but your body shop and or Ford need to get that light working first.
Thank you for the feedback, it’s most helpful. So they updated the software and got the headlight working. But the light bar will not work and they say it’s an aftermarket software and device that needs to be purchased in order to get it to work. So I’m not sure what to do now.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Thank you for the feedback, it’s most helpful. So they updated the software and got the headlight working. But the light bar will not work and they say it’s an aftermarket software and device that needs to be purchased in order to get it to work. So I’m not sure what to do now.
That is logical from them. It is considered a hack to make it work. They don't want to be responsible for that. If the physical install is done, take it home and buy a cable and Forscan and follow the steps outlined earlier in this thread. You have to load SW from another truck onto your truck. There is little risk, but you take it if you want the light bar to work. Your shop is telling you they aren't willing to take the risk, so I'm not sure why they agreed to do the work of adding the light bar. They likely thought It was plug and play.

doans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV
I am finally getting around to adding the lightbar to my '23 Pro ExtendedRange, I got the lightbar from Stillwell Ford online for $185 new.

I have the lightbar installed on my truck, fairly quick and easy install, but now when I try and update the firmware using forscan I only see the AS BUILT entries and I do NOT see the Module Firmware Update entries for LDCMA and LDCMB. I don't believe I would need to edit the 'As Built' entries.

Anybody have an idea why these 'Module Firmware Update' entries are not showing up for me to edit in forscan?

I have installed both forscan versions 2.3.58 and the latest version from forscan site 2.3.62 and both have the same issue. I also purchased the extended license and activated. I also did not choose to load up the saved profile when I first connect to the truck. Using a windows laptop.

I know @KurtsRPMGarage has moved on from his Pro but maybe he has seen this before?
Sponsored