First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Agreed. Glad I never have to deal with EA again. Thought I do have some free charging I should try to use up sometime.
Boy do I have a story about EA from today, only puts icing on the Tesla baked cake, in the morning!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It's Friday morning. This guy has been at it for 4 hours now.

1709297580267.png

You realize DUNKS is my primary sponsor, now only if they would pay racing contingency awards LOL

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Detail Friday morning
Tom's video covered it pretty well, as he and others experienced what Joe, Kyle and I got, like his detailed analysis from the past will prove consistent, I wonder if he will do another data pull in a future video.

Last night the final rates as I was above 70% slowed to ~55KW, that's about the time to boot it and move on!

Sponsored

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
Agreed. As long as the adapters can handle the full throughput without overheating should be the same. I don't know if I want it to peak any higher or hold the peak longer because I already get a pucker factor when I see it at 175-180. It would be nice for it to keep the 150 range a bit longer for sure.
Why, it is a huge battery. My Model X with 100 kWh pack holds over 250kW to 30%. I would think over time they will improve the curve, then this truck will really be a Cybertruck and Rivian killer.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Why, it is a huge battery. My Model X with 100 kWh pack holds over 250kW to 30%. I would think over time they will improve the curve, then this truck will really be a Cybertruck and Rivian killer.
Because Ford says it will accept 150kw of power from a DCFC, so when I see higher I get a little squirrely.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I have yet to receive the OTA, but I am able to activate through the updated Tesla app. Buy that Tesla membership, because it gets you the Tesla owner rates. The default rate for Ford owners is practically punitive.

As many others have confirmed, the A2Z adapter works like a champ. 👍

I am currently on a 1000 mile road trip. It’s truly a game changer that the superchargers are available to me.

Ford F-150 Lightning I charged on a Supercharger IMG_4481

Last edited:

tnugentfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat ext range
Because Ford says it will accept 150kw of power from a DCFC, so when I see higher I get a little squirrely.
You shouldn't worry. The vehicle requests the power dictated by the software Ford has installed. Don't let the marketing materials bother you. It is clearly a case of lowering expectations. It is not an error when you are getting 170+ for a period of time. And, practically speaking there is a good chance the vehicle and battery could handle significantly more.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
You shouldn't worry. The vehicle requests the power dictated by the software Ford has installed. Don't let the marketing materials bother you. It is clearly a case of lowering expectations. It is not an error when you are getting 170+ for a period of time. And, practically speaking there is a good chance the vehicle and battery could handle significantly more.
Exactly this. The truck commands the charge rate, not the other way around. I want to hold that 180 kW peak as long as possible.

Sponsored

DCTrentster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If you download the latest Tesla app version and plug in your truck you can see all the available chargers with pricing. Pricing varies.
Not sure if the Tesla app is really necessary to download. Ford updated their app to include the Tesla network. Access by clicking [View Chargers]. If there is a Tesla charging station nearby it'll show the rates, charging speeds and real-time availability.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Not sure if the Tesla app is really necessary to download. Ford updated their app to include the Tesla network. Access by clicking [View Chargers]. If there is a Tesla charging station nearby it'll show the rates, charging speeds and real-time availability.
It’s necessary to use Tesla’s discounted membership rates. They’re about 30% cheaper than you get from the Ford network in exchange for a $13 monthly subscription.

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
I think with the tesla membership, the price is the same as tesla driver, and it can be cheaper than EA stations in some states

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
I think with the tesla membership, the price is the same as tesla driver, and it can be cheaper than EA stations in some states
Yeah, it's the same rate that Tesla drivers pay. Much cheaper than EA at all of the stations I've looked at.

Superchargers are why I went back to Tesla at the end of 2022, and I wouldn't be here if not for the NACS switch. I'm looking forward to trying this out with my Lightning in the coming months.

Reactions: GDN

ThisRover

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Attorney
I charged my Lightning on March 1st at the Supercharger station in Tulsa. I had already updated the software and received an A2Z adaptor (the free Ford one is also on order). It was flawless and seamless. There were two other Lightning owners there, waiting for one of their friends who was going to charge his Tesla while they were at lunch. I gathered quite a crowd around - both Lightning and Tesla owners - and was so glad it went off without a hitch. One of the other Lightning owners asked if he could use my adaptor and it also worked like it should.

I was already over 80%, so the charging rate was only 59 kWh. I knew that had to be a function of the 80% throttle, so I intentionally didn't plug the truck in all weekend and went back on March 5th. Again, it was seamless; totally plug and play. The initial rate was 163 kWh, which was great. After about 15 minutes, it dropped down to about 121 kWh and then to 63 kWh when it hit 80%.

We're getting ready to make a round trip to DC and back to Tulsa. This will be the third round trip in the Lightning. The first two, we loved the truck but were "challenged" in the charging department. I am really excited about the addition of the Tesla Superchargers. This should be a game changer. My plan is to filter for the Superchargers all the way and only use the other stations when necessary.

Ford F-150 Lightning I charged on a Supercharger IMG_3469

Ford F-150 Lightning I charged on a Supercharger IMG_6730

Ford F-150 Lightning I charged on a Supercharger IMG_6743.PNG
Sponsored