• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My theory is that the CSP is not applying OTAs properly without a forced reboot
From mid-December 2023 through 2/6/24, I didn't get any updates that I know of.

I still have the fall updates for my BDI inverter and my FCSP firmware:
Ford Charge Station Pro firmware update: 2.112.91...
mine now 2.112.91:2.149:1.32:1.53:0.62

Delta Inverter firmware update: 1.1.21
Mine (from M Prof app): BDI_SYS_01.01.21_PWR_01.06.08_ENS_01.06.01_D2D_01.01.05.bin

as described in this post: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...backup-power-without-sunrun.12564/post-353483 from 12/6/23.

The first truck update I've received since PU 6.8 in mid-December was Priority Update-23-PU1113-UNX-DC [Connectivity], which was installed on 2/23/24.

The good news is that the truck successfully transferred power today on the first try, about one month after its last test on 2/6/24, which was also a success. Here's hoping things are on the right track now.

So sorry to hear about your truck! Thank goodness you weren't seriously hurt.
Sponsored

BF150A

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lariat F150 Lightning 2022
I have two questions regarding the CSP & HIS.

1. Ever since the installation of my CSP and its subsequent replacement (due to an inoperable factory reset button) after all OTA software updates the current CSP has to be manually rebooted. Are any of you expecting the same or similar update issues?
  2. With regard to the Ford / Sunrun (Delta) bidirectional inverter I had installed on 3/1/23 to facilitate using the Home Integration System (HIS) in combination with my solar system and my 2022 F-150 Lightning I have been experiencing a peculiar failure. The M-Professional software that ultimately runs the bidirectional inverter indicates an “Error” usually 3 out of every 5 days. I’ll attach the screenshots that can best describe the issue. To that my question is once again have any of you had the same or similar issue, and if so have you resolved the reported “Error”?

I’ve posed the same questions to Ford, Sunrun, Delta and my electrician. To date none of them has solved either issue, or been able to direct me to a source that may be able to do so. Although my electrician and Sunrun have been here at my residence on multiple occasions to address complete HIS failure to provide backup power during grid outages, they have not seen the reported M-Professional error described here in person. I have however provided them with the same screenshots depicted here. Both my electrician and Sunrun’s technician have assured me that despite the reported M-Professional errors the “CT’s” are installed properly and at the time of their in person inspections no anomalies were detected.

So if any of you have particular authoritative knowledge in either of these areas of concern I, and probably many other CSP / HIS owners would appreciate your input.

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_9436

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_9437

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_9435

buixote

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
The Home Integration Kit Setup has been removed from FordPass... "The Engineers are working on it"; No ETA for the Fix.

EAA, the company that sells the hardware is going under, or has done...

" Thank you for reaching out to us. We are continuing to monitor this inbox, but due to the ongoing wind down of AEE Solar, our responses may be slowed. We aim to provide a response within 2 business days. Please also note that we have discontinued phone and chat services. "

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The Home Integration Kit Setup has been removed from FordPass... "The Engineers are working on it"; No ETA for the Fix.

" Thank you for reaching out to us. We are continuing to monitor this inbox, but due to the ongoing wind down of AEE Solar, our responses may be slowed. We aim to provide a response within 2 business days. Please also note that we have discontinued phone and chat services. "
This is what happens when you outside with poor partners. Tesla may shoot themselves in the foot but it it is why Elon does the vast majority of the work in house. No reliance on poor partners.

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Edit: I did read through a lot of the early posts in this thread and assume it is basically the same issue as not having the green check mark on page 2 of the old Ford pass app...

Does the system need to be "turned on" externally by Ford? Even though I have paired the truck with the FCSP, and both app and truck showed it confirmed with a green check mark, in Ford Pass it doesn't show enabled like some others. It just says learn more. The in-truck HIS app shows that it is paired and shows status. When I turn off the breaker, the truck says preparing to backup, but does nothing (even parked with back passenger door a foot from FCSP).

Does anyone have a working system that is not showing as enabled in the Ford Pass app?

Does anyone know how or who gets this turned on? Does the phone number posted a while ago still work?

My Ford Pass app under the Energy tab and Charge Station:

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_1939.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

darknla

First Name
gerar6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L XLT SR
I am on the same boat as some of you guys, just got it installed and won't switch to AC power for the house. It was an not sunrun who Installed it but some other solar company.
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 1000000620
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 1000000545
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 1000000633

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

Aren't these pieces made by Delta though? Who cares of the middle man is going under.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Does the system need to be "turned on" externally by Ford?
There is this series of posts earlier in the thread with a Ford phone number to call:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...backup-power-without-sunrun.12564/post-299655

My system was installed by Sunrun ~6/12/23. I seem to remember Sunrun saying it needed to be registered/activated, but that may have just been transferring the equipment/VIN information to Ford, as discussed in the post that I linked to above.

Even in the new iOS FordPass app v5.5, the green check mark shows up on the Energy tab under Charge Station, Home Backup Power:
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_1054

With the removal of Home Backup Power controls from the FordPass app in v5.x, I don't know if the following Ford web page is still up-to-date, but here's what a search on Home Integration activation turns up:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...d-home-backup-power-on-my-charge-station-pro/

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Yes, but the Manufacturer isn't going to accept a return. Neither will they provide support.
I can personally vouch I've talked to Delta support daily last year when I was fixing mine.
Sponsored