• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Tesla has been successful in spite of themselves sometimes, so anyone doing a blind copy/paste of their strategy is pretty foolish as you alluded to. That said, Tesla is very nimble in the software arena (sometimes to a fault), and both Jim and Doug acknowledge the importance of software being crucial to a good user experience. I just hope they also acknowledge they're not there yet and most will demand a better experience and ongoing improvements beyond the date of delivery.

Ford also seems smart enough to know their customer base doesn't want everything buried in a menu on screen. Good software doesn't mean "put it all in the screen." Some things are objectively easier with good software though. Plugging in to charge (should be boring and eventless), detailed navigation, and simply having an easy to use, responsive UI are things everyone can appreciate.

Dramatically changing the UI, swapping all buttons on the steering wheel for capacitive areas, removing the drive selector, turn signals, and wiper controls, and cutting off the top of the steering wheel are not footsteps I see Ford following in.
I agree with all of this. The minimalist tech interior of the Tesla just does not do it for me. I guess I'm old school and like to feel the controls. In my current vehicle which I have had for several years I can 99% of controls by feel. (For example- if I'm hot I can turn the temp down one click. The I know exactly how to control the wiper speed, cruise control, radio all one the wheel by touch without my eyes ever leaving the road.

I agree Ford needs better software and needs to get plug and charge working flawless.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
1) Jim Farley is an impressive character. I bought a good amount of shares in Ford when the F150L came out and have been watching his interviews to decide if I'm in this long or short and so far I think he's going to have the company in a very successful position when all is said and done.

2) I can't get over how much he looks like his cousin, Chris Farley. I keep expecting him to just jump up from an interview. Or it gives me flash backs to Tommy Boy

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
1) Jim Farley is an impressive character. I bought a good amount of shares in Ford when the F150L came out and have been watching his interviews to decide if I'm in this long or short and so far I think he's going to have the company in a very successful position when all is said and done.

2) I can't get over how much he looks like his cousin, Chris Farley. I keep expecting him to just jump up from an interview. Or it gives me flash backs to Tommy Boy
I didn't connect the dots till you mentioned it... LOL.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Up until recently, Jim's Twitter profile said, " Mustang and racing fan. CEO @Ford. Happen to love white vans ... preferably down by the river. "

If you know, you know. :)
Sponsored