• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

ktn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning® LARIAT ER
I owned a Mach-E for a year and went through this shitshow once.

Had a gas truck for 18 months and all I could think about was getting back to electric and knew the Lightning was going to be the one when the right deal came along.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I'm extremely happy with my 2022 Lariat-ER.

Happy regular folks [not early adopters} don't tend to join forums like this to proclaim the happiness, but those with complaints and legit concerns do, so the trend you see is what it is.

Good luck in your search, hopefully you find a creampuff like I did.

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
I owned a Ranger a few years ago and sold it at a big loss after less than a year and swore I would never own another Ford. I hated so many things about it. When the lightning came out I completely ignored it but this spring the deals were so good I took a closer look. I’m now almost 9000 miles in and can say with certainty it’s the best vehicle I have ever owned. It still has its Ford foibles with weird annoying software gremlins but it’s still just so awesome. I feel like I am 16 again with a brand new driver’s license making excuses to run out just to drive it.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I love my pro and interior space but if if there was a midsize EV truck with the same value, I would probably go for that instead. Between ICE Maveric and Lightning, I would definitely go for Lightning. especially if you don't need DCFC frequently. I can't deal with noise, oil change and emissions anymore. And having a generator with me all the time is nice too. My main concern when I bought mine was reliability but mine has been rock solid so far. Acceleration is not necessary for a big truck but it is nice to have it when you need it.
I agree, they should offer a midsize EV truck. Nobody does. The Maverick I have on order is an AWD Hybrid.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Only problem is that I'm not finding a dealer that will sell at a decent price. They all seem to act like these are selling like hotcakes and they are not willing to discount enough to make me feel like it was a good move. We'll see.

Sponsored

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
almost a year in and I love mine!

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Our ER Lariat just rolled over 30K miles in 14 months. Best vehicle we’ve ever owned. Commute 90-100 miles a day, charge at home at $.0634 kWh power. Net $5K per year savings over $4.50 gas at 20 mpg. Most reviews lead off with clickbait headers. Never had to reboot the truck like I do my iPhone... or Windows. 7 LTs in our county of 20K+. Our MME has 56K miles and a great rig too.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I purchased a 2022 Maverick Lariat (non-hybrid) with almost every option. Had wanted a truck for a long time. Short story-I hated the Maverick. It felt very cheaply made, and even with the Lariat version, the fit and finish was flimsy. Biggest pet peeve was the constant din of road noise. Several people told me that when I was on the bluetooth phone, they could hear constant road noise.

When my Lightning order came in, tried pawing off the Maverick onto my wife (her car was old and shot). She said no way. We got a sweet deal on a trade in for a Volvo S6 recharge (51 mile range hybrid battery). We were glad to get rid of it.

Now the Lightning- F150 ER Lariat. I love everything about the vehicle. I have zero complaints about the vehicle. Fit and finish are fantastic. The seats are extremely comfortable, and the ride is superb. I now have a truck that is a daily driver on my 35-40 mile commute each way, where I don't worry about the cost of gas. Free charging at work and charge at home off a solar powered home.

I don't plan to sell. Probably going to purchase an 8 year 125,000 mile extended warranty.

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
Never loved an inanimate object before, but I really do feel like I love my truck. Best thing I’ve ever bought. Don’t particularly like driving, but I’m always happy to get in the truck now and get on the road. Works very well for my use cases. Multiple 1,000+ mile trips in the truck with less fatigue than any other vehicle I’ve ever driven.

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT, 2023 Lightning, 2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
I am in the Love my lighting camp too. So many good things (and only the frequency of software updates to really complain about). Great for everything I do and never get tired of the conversations that start when I pop the mega power frunk to unload my golf clubs and push cart from the front!!

If you can find a good used one, take advantage of all the people "that sold theirs for a loss" if you don't want to buy new.

Mach Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, 2024 XLT
Occupation
Bum
Only problem is that I'm not finding a dealer that will sell at a decent price. They all seem to act like these are selling like hotcakes and they are not willing to discount enough to make me feel like it was a good move. We'll see.
I hear you about the dealers! I watched about 25 dealers all over Central California, negotiated with several, and ended up buying one in San Jose (pretty far from home). Reading posts where people said they got thousands off sticker encouraged me to hold out for a good deal (about 5K off sticker) and it worked, but it took a few weeks.

Maybe Ford will offer some really good incentives sometime soon as they begin to sell 2025s?
Sponsored