• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
I'm a gear head from way back. 60 years old now. I have had some pretty cool cars over the years. Can honestly say that I actually look forward to driving this truck every day. Luckily no problems since I purchased this 23 Platinum. Bought it used. Saved a ton of $$ . Coming from my last car a hybrid Volt . So already had the charging set up in my garage. Everything about this truck is bitchen!
Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I love my Lightning. I think it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Though the new Mach-E we bought a few weeks ago is definitely growing on me

I've owned two Teslas (an S and a Y), an ICE F150, and many other cars, trucks, and vans.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I have owned a couple of dozen vehicles and the last five have been EVs. My Lightning is the most advanced and capable vehicle I have ever owned and will most likely be the last vehicle I ever own. 30k miles on my Lightning and it’s still trouble free.

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
7 pages fast, wow.

I've recently complained rather vociferously here, they even locked the thread (which, I think is silly): https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...me-with-not-showing-me-state-of-charge.21310/

Lightning would still be my #1 choice right now. The only thing I'd probably cross shop it with is a Rivian but I had one of those in my driveway and it was kind of.. I dunno. A little too.. nice?

F150 is an F150 is an F150 even if BEV form. The BEV part is spectacular.

If you put 100k miles on the truck you're likely saving $20,000 in gas.

Road trips are more of a hassle is the only tradeoff in my book.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
As most have stated here, people complain on the internet, especially owner forums, when they have an issue and sometimes, its not really a complaint more of an outreach for assistance.

I've had my '23 ER Lariat for a little more than 18 months and we love it. We tow our 33', 7800 lb travel trailer, and go on long road trips (Detroit here we come this weekend) without hesitation.

Sponsored

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
If in doubt after investigating home charging stay Maverick.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
As most have stated here, people complain on the internet, especially owner forums, when they have an issue and sometimes, its not really a complaint more of an outreach for assistance.

I've had my '23 ER Lariat for a little more than 18 months and we love it. We tow our 33', 7800 lb travel trailer, and go on long road trips (Detroit here we come this weekend) without hesitation.
We're happy to hear you're loving your Lightning. Feel free to share pics from your road trip. :)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have owned a couple of dozen vehicles and the last five have been EVs. My Lightning is the most advanced and capable vehicle I have ever owned and will most likely be the last vehicle I ever own. 30k miles on my Lightning and it’s still trouble free.
That's awesome. Cheers to another 30k plus some. We'd love to see a pic of your Lightning. :)

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I love my Lightning. I think it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Though the new Mach-E we bought a few weeks ago is definitely growing on me

I've owned two Teslas (an S and a Y), an ICE F150, and many other cars, trucks, and vans.
Thank you for being part of the Ford Family! We'd love to see a pic of your Mach-E & Lightning.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
If in doubt after investigating home charging stay Maverick.
We have a gas clothes dryer, so the 30 amp 220 circuit for it is unused. My service box is on the side of my garage wall, so I think it will be pretty easy to just disconnect the wiring to the dryer and run new wiring off that breaker through the wall to a charging station.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Never loved an inanimate object before, but I really do feel like I love my truck. Best thing I’ve ever bought. Don’t particularly like driving, but I’m always happy to get in the truck now and get on the road. Works very well for my use cases. Multiple 1,000+ mile trips in the truck with less fatigue than any other vehicle I’ve ever driven.
We're glad you're loving your Lightning! We'd love to see a picture.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
Have two Teslas and a Lightning; the Lightning is our go-to favorite for long distance driving, as well as occasional hauling (but not towing), for reasons of comfort and ride quality. Sunbelt climate.
However, if this would be your first EV, I wouldn’t even think about buying one without committing to installing Level 2 charging in your garage (and no garage, no EV, imho). The incredibly valuable benefit of leaving your house every day with 200+ miles of driving range (with never a $100 fillup!) can only be realized if you pop for a 60A circuit and a 48A charger installation.
Sponsored