• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is Anybody Happy With Their Lightning?

roethlerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and outside of figuring out the whole charging thing (this is my first EV), it has been great. Absolutely love passing up all the gas stations. As others have mentioned its towing capability is amazing BUT it really kills the range(drops to ~40%).Super happy with it so far!
Sponsored

VO1BQ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT LIGHTING
Occupation
Retired
I got mine in June 2023 and we love it.
Super quiet.
Smooth ride
Great power
Tons of soace
Problem free
Zero issues with OTAs
I installed a Juicebox charger at my home and one at my ranch, but have both a Ford and A2Z NACS adapter for superchargers.
I now only have to go to gas stations for lottery tickets and snacks.

Would. Have liked the extended range battery, yes, but not at the price premium when I bought.

VO1BQ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT LIGHTING
Occupation
Retired
Trying to figure out how to respond. Looks like I’m jumping in on top of someone else’s reply. New guy here , sorry. Have had my Lightning less than 2 months so far it’s the best truck I’ve had. Incredible ride. Love it. Wife driving EV trouble free for 2 years also loving it. I hated to trade my Tacoma in but it was going on 12 years old was starting to be costly to keep on road. No issues with the Lighting. Most of the reviews I see are very positive. I’ve only seen a couple negative and even then they say they love their lightning and they just want their problem fixed.

00tod00

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
Best vehicle I've ever owned... Ev's are not for everyone so make sure you do your research. If you are OK with the limited downsides and the vehicle meets your normal use case it's amazing. Zero regrets.

Sponsored

Peacefellow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Director
I love mine. Had a 2021 Tesla S was always in the shop, very bad build quality. Traded for EV6. Was much better than the S. Our family needed a truck so traded for a 22 Platinum F150. No regrets and loving it more every day.

Waffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I agree with the sentiment that the Lightning is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned and I had a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and currently a Model Y. I've also been driving for over 40 years and owned many vehicles. The Lightning is the most comfortable and most fun to drive.

Side note (this just happened yesterday): I'm at a stoplight next to a 1970ish Dodge Challenger with a big 392 painted on the raised air intake the middle of the hood. He's revving his engine, light turns green and we take off. Without trying too hard I'm staying 1/2 truck length ahead of him even as he shifts into 2nd and 3rd gear making all kinds of muscle car noise. He gives up before we get going too fast and, to his credit, gives me a thumbs up and was laughing as he came up to my side at the next stoplight.

bvkamp

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Tesla Y, VW ID.4
I love my Lightning- no problems, fun to drive, and super useful. It gets pretty close to the range promised as long as you drive it reasonably. My wife and I share this truck along with a Tesla Model Y. I choose to drive the Lightning every chance I get. LOVE MY TRUCK!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I agree with the sentiment that the Lightning is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned and I had a 2018 Tesla Model 3 and currently a Model Y. I've also been driving for over 40 years and owned many vehicles. The Lightning is the most comfortable and most fun to drive.

Side note (this just happened yesterday): I'm at a stoplight next to a 1970ish Dodge Challenger with a big 392 painted on the raised air intake the middle of the hood. He's revving his engine, light turns green and we take off. Without trying too hard I'm staying 1/2 truck length ahead of him even as he shifts into 2nd and 3rd gear making all kinds of muscle car noise. He gives up before we get going too fast and, to his credit, gives me a thumbs up and was laughing as he came up to my side at the next stoplight.
Yeah, I’ve been kind of wondering if you can get whiplash insurance🤣😂🤣

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER / Azure Gray
Occupation
Lab manager
I absolutely love my Lightning! It's the second favorite vehcile I've ever owned (loses to a 2002 Limited Edition Pontiac Trans Am). But electricity costs for charging are about 20% of fuel costs and I have an Escape that the sticker ran out on in March, the same time Lignthing arrived and I haven't even renewed it. Contemplating seeling it. It gives you all the truck you want, the teh added bonus of protected storage with the frunk, super fast and comfortable. My kids have plenty of room and still a pleasure to drive. Everyone's feelings are differnt, but I'm extremely happy and might be one of the best purchases I ever made.

Good luch with your decision!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I love mine too! I've had it over a year and charge with solar panels on my roof! I still have my 2014 Ford Focus Electric and love it! Ten years of not going to the gas station or getting oil changes has saved me so much money!

truck.jpg

truck dogs.jpg
That's a stunning F-150 Lightning, Chris! Thanks for sharing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
For my application (mostly in city style short drives, occasional trips to Home Depot or the dump, towing a boat now and then short distances) this is hands down the best truck I have ever owned. I love this thing! I’ve owned it since June 17 2022 and have had zero issues except a few CSPs and recalls. If you drive further than one charge per day it may not be your favorite new toy. That’s my opinion. I drive and just plug in my garage at night and do it on repeat when I need the truck.

IMG_1400.jpeg
Wow! That's a beautiful F-150 Lightning, Domenic! Thanks for sharing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I love my Lightning- no problems, fun to drive, and super useful. It gets pretty close to the range promised as long as you drive it reasonably. My wife and I share this truck along with a Tesla Model Y. I choose to drive the Lightning every chance I get. LOVE MY TRUCK!
We love to hear that, Brad! Thanks for being part of the Ford Family!

Dave Glover

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Retired
I have a Maverick on order, but started having reservations about the size and utilitarian interior a couple weeks ago, so I started looking at the Ford Lightnings. I read about the tech and features and was pretty excited. But there are so many negative reviews online. There's maybe 1 positive review for every 9 that say "I hated my Lightning and sold it and a huge loss" reviews. Even here it seems like the majority are unhappy with their purchase. Am I making a huge mistake even looking at the Lightning?
I've had mine since 7, 23. Has 18,000 miles now. No regrets, it still hits all the check boxes. Buy one, you'll like it.
P.S. After test driving mine, my neighbor across the street bought a Lightning Just like mine and he loves his too.

Last edited: