Sponsored

Is mine the only state that punishes folks for buying an EV?

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Seems to me that a mileage driven each year would be a much fairer solution. I live in KY which is not EV friendly, to say the least and I drive about half the average driver so I’m paying much more than my ICE counterpart.

I’ve just had to chalk it up to the price I have to pay to fight climate change, corporate Oil and of course the fun of driving this awesome truck.
So you will pay by mile but the minimum annual fee for KY will be $160 per year. :curse:

For sure they will never leave anything on the table. They always want more not less and because of the accounting verification issue the minimum will probably rise to $250 to cover administrative and enforcement costs, since more government drones will be needed assure everyone pays their fair share.

"An optimist believes we live in the best of all worlds, a pessimist fears he is correct"
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeff_h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Paint-Drying Observer
GEORGIA is roughly $200 per year...
That seems to be the common number as I scroll through the posts for various states, I guess many lawmakers look around and see what everyone else is doing and follow suit. WV is also $200 per year.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I already pay 200 for my reg in PA because it's a truck, guess it's gonna be 400 now.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The numbers for me in Pennsylvania are interesting.

I’ve always had a pickup truck and use it about 6000 miles per year.
My previous 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost average 16.5 mpg over its 7 year stint with me. I reset Trip Odometer 1 the day I drove it home new from the dealer.
In PA, the tax on gasoline is 57.6¢ per gallon.
6000/16.5 X 0.576 = 209 annual
Proposed EV tax - 200 annual

I guess I can’t complain.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The numbers for me in Pennsylvania are interesting.

I’ve always had a pickup truck and use it about 6000 miles per year.
My previous 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost average 16.5 mpg over its 7 year stint with me. I reset Trip Odometer 1 the day I drove it home new from the dealer.
In PA, the tax on gasoline is 57.6¢ per gallon.
6000/16.5 X 0.576 = 209 annual
Proposed EV tax - 200 annual

I guess I can’t complain.
Right, it seems to add up to a reasonable amount, but not sure about the $50 added on to the second year of it...but, I'd like to see them switch to this for everyone and eliminate the gas tax entirely. The whining about it will be epic. There's always some joker with a weird situation that they think they are being treated super unfairly...."I live in Philly, but I commute to work in Jersey, and my girlfriend lives in Delaware, it's not fair that I gotta pay for PA roads I never use!!!"

Sponsored

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
Tax fraud is a crime against your fellow tax payers. Kind of disgusting that you brag about it.
Take it as you will. I think it's despicable that the state of Ohio wants to punish EV drivers with extra fees. I think we have enough problems to contend with as EV drivers without paying more. I suppose it's all about what you consider to be more problematic, my friend. You go ahead and pay all you want, I won't stop you.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
my son just got his TAG renewal for Alabama: $228 Fee for EVs.
Sponsored