• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors?

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
There is zero chance that it is a mouse or a rat in my house garage though. This is from the factory.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Animal for sure. Looks like the marks the chipmunk made when he got himself locked in my garage and tried to chew himself out. Also looks like the marks a squirrel made while trying to chew its way into our plastic food bin while camping.

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors? 1000004148

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
There is zero chance that it is a mouse or a rat in my house garage though. This is from the factory.
Then it was a Rouge Factory rat. 🐭

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Ford F-150 Lightning Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors? IMG_4854
There is definitely a chance that you have rats in your garage, I caught one on camera and I have two cats. Right now I'm trying to figure out if that is why my e-Golf isn't working or if the 12V just died because we have been away for awhile.

There is no hole in that position on my truck (there is a water drop there but I promise that isn't a hole.)

This is what wood rats can do:

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors? IMG_4851

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors? 1713750963802-d

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors? 1713751000200-1h

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this water drain area under the windshield supposed to look like it was cut with children's scissors? 1713751048574-0c

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
My dealer says that it is damage and not covered. They suggested a rock.

I told them that, respectfully, there is no chance it is a rock. Interestingly, the other side's cowl also has some material that appears to be breaking away. It's not nearly as nice looking as your guys.

I don't know how to prove that it isn't a rodent in my house... but I've never had a rodent issue in my life at my house and I park it daily in a closed garage.

More importantly, I noticed this odd looking cut out many months ago but figured it was just sloppy manufacturing. I should have raised it right away with my dealer but it was never a high priority for me.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
My dealer says that it is damage and not covered. They suggested a rock.

I told them that, respectfully, there is no chance it is a rock. Interestingly, the other side's cowl also has some material that appears to be breaking away. It's not nearly as nice looking as your guys.

I don't know how to prove that it isn't a rodent in my house... but I've never had a rodent issue in my life at my house and I park it daily in a closed garage.

More importantly, I noticed this odd looking cut out many months ago but figured it was just sloppy manufacturing. I should have raised it right away with my dealer but it was never a high priority for me.
It didn't necessarily happen at home. I recently had several thousand dollars of wiring damage from rodents in one day (probably a squirrel) while parked at work...

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I lost network cables, garage door low voltage wires and fios fiber optic internet one day. I repaired all wires and put a camera in the attic with some peanut butter in a trap. Next day the camera caught sight of a nasty looking rat in my attic. set rat traps and caught 2 of them.

My Kawasaki Side by Side would crank but not fire up a few months ago. Found the wires to the fuel pump chewed up.

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I totally agree that it's likely a rodent. I just know that it has been this way since I got it. Oh well. Unless I can find a close up of that area from when I purchased the truck, I'm probably SOL.

I am mostly just ticked at the suggestion that a rock caused it. I found that a little patronizing. I don't have a degree in forensics but I'm pretty certain any lay person would be able to see that it is obviously not caused by a rock.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
May be worth a few bucks to get a rat trap and set it nearby. Just in case there is a rat and before it does more damage. Will also confirm your belief if it doesn’t catch one.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Next to my office is a field, they will mow it like every 6 months which causes mice to scurry and try to find new homes. Our transit recently went out of commission due to rodent damage.
Sponsored