• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Issue with Ford Pass and 2024 Flash with remote climate starting

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
I have a 2024 Flash and previously had a 2023 XLT ER. On the 2023, once I started the climate via the app, I could change the temperature, turn on and off the heated steering wheel and seats. I no longer have the 2023 XLT ER. However, with the 2024 Flash, I no longer have the option to change temperature or control the heated steering wheel or seats via the Ford Pass app despite using the exact same phone.

I have been working with the Ford Pass team for a few weeks now and are continuing to troubleshoot the issue with them. I wanted to know: are there any 2024 Flash owners out there that can control the temperature with the Ford Pass app when using the remote climate start feature. The screen should look something like this if you can (this screenshot was from my 2023):

Ford F-150 Lightning Issue with Ford Pass and 2024 Flash with remote climate starting Screenshot_20240727-214632_FordPass

You should see the Climate Settings option show up after starting the remote climate.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Albern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum; 2015 Chevrolet Volt
I have a 2024 Platinum and am on V5.5.0 of Ford Pass on Android. I have the same lack of functionality as you do.

Someone on X has the app controls you mentioned. They have a 2022 or 2023 and are on iOS.

Would be great to understand what's going on here.

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the reply. With you having a Platinum, that eliminates the trim being a factor. I have an open case with Ford on this issue and I am beginning to suspect it affects all 2024 vehicles.

Albern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum; 2015 Chevrolet Volt
Thanks for the reply. With you having a Platinum, that eliminates the trim being a factor. I have an open case with Ford on this issue and I am beginning to suspect it affects all 2024 vehicles.
Nice!!! I hope this gets resolved and we get those climate controls.

Also, as I had mentioned about, this is the Tweet with the video that shows it working:

DatOleMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat and 2022 Mach e Premium
I have a 2024 Flash and previously had a 2023 XLT ER. On the 2023, once I started the climate via the app, I could change the temperature, turn on and off the heated steering wheel and seats. I no longer have the 2023 XLT ER. However, with the 2024 Flash, I no longer have the option to change temperature or control the heated steering wheel or seats via the Ford Pass app despite using the exact same phone.

I have been working with the Ford Pass team for a few weeks now and are continuing to troubleshoot the issue with them. I wanted to know: are there any 2024 Flash owners out there that can control the temperature with the Ford Pass app when using the remote climate start feature. The screen should look something like this if you can (this screenshot was from my 2023):

Screenshot_20240727-214632_FordPass.jpg

You should see the Climate Settings option show up after starting the remote climate.

Thanks in advance!
I’m having the same problem with my wife’s 21’ Mach E Premium. I can adjust temp on my 23’ Lariat ER but not her car…. using the same phone/app.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
For Android app users, try force stop of the app and clearing the cache, DO NOT clear the data or you'll need to reconfigure PAAK, etc.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I’m having the same problem with my wife’s 21’ Mach E Premium. I can adjust temp on my 23’ Lariat ER but not her car…. using the same phone/app.
That feature isn't available on the Mach-E.

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wanted to post an update on this thread as I have learned new information that may be helpful to others.

I had a friend, who has an iPhone (I have Android) install the Ford Pass app and connect to my truck using my account. To my surprise, the temperature slider and other climate controls showed up on his phone! I then went ahead and completely uninstalled and re-installed the Ford Pass app on my Android phone and those climate controls now show up now! Very weird as the version I uninstalled was the same version I installed, so there must have been something mucked up with the data cache for the app on my phone. Incidentally, this was all using version 5.5 of the app.

So, my recommendation to those experiencing this problem is to completely uninstall the app and re-install it on your phone to see if that helps.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Mach-E doesn't have this feature.
Sponsored