• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

lane assist issues in 2023

mark R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
professor
I do not like the feel of Lane Assist in my 2023 Lightning. It is set to Low but I would like to disengage it (turn it off). I do not see that option. Can I turn it off?
Sponsored

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
I actually bought my Lightning because it had lane centering (co-pilot 360). It does take some getting used to because it has it’s quirks, the first and most prominent is how it seems to pull to the right, to stop this let the steering wheel go(on a straight road), the system will then center the Lightning and after that use only a gentle touch. If you haven’t already create an account with ford.com using your vin number, you will find all the information you need for your Lightning .

Ford F-150 Lightning lane assist issues in 2023 IMG_1039

Reactions: N87
OP
OP

mark R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
professor
Thank you WilliamRobert for writing about Lane Centering. You are right--it pulls to the right. I can try what you said about allowing it to adjust (letting go) and see if that helps.
Right now I want to turn it off, but I can give it a 2nd try, with your suggestion. I must say that when I follow Ford's directions (which are also below), they do not work. I get to #5, and the only options are Low, Normal, and ...I have forgotten what is above Normal but it is like Maximum or High or something. There is not "off" option.

But again, I can try what you suggested. Right now it pulls to the right and feels like I must fight it 100% of the time (at least on the freeway).

many thanks, Mark

I actually bought my Lightning because it had lane centering (co-pilot 360). It does take some getting used to because it has it’s quirks, the first and most prominent is how it seems to pull to the right, to stop this let the steering wheel go(on a straight road), the system will then center the Lightning and after that use only a gentle touch. If you haven’t already create an account with ford.com using your vin number, you will find all the information you need for your Lightning .

IMG_1039.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
you can always turn LaneAssist OFF by simply pressing the right button on the left side of the steering wheel... the one with the 'lanes' lines...

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
As @hturnerfamily said, it's on the wheel. Download the manual to your phone and have a read. Good news is that I just got the update today, maybe that'll fix your concerns. In the meantime though, have a look in the manual in the controls section.

Sponsored

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
I was in the carpool lane today and Blue Lightning wanted to drive into the K-rail. What the hell is going here?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was in the carpool lane today and Blue Lightning wanted to drive into the K-rail. What the hell is going here?
Always known them as Jersey Barriers, had to google to see what this is all about ...... leave it california leading me down a wormhole.

Ford F-150 Lightning lane assist issues in 2023 1725969142417-im

Last edited:

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Always known them as Jersey Barriers, had to google to see what this is all about ...... leave it california leading me down a wormhole.

1725969142417-im.jpg
Believe me, I'm leaving this nasty sh.... wormhole as soon as I can.

NCevGuyF150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford lightning
Occupation
Repair technician
I have had trouble with mine also. I have an appointment with the dealer on the 24th to get it reprogrammed. It seems like when I had the battery issue and they had to replace two modules in the battery. The voltage to the computer system went too low and, messed up programming. At least this is what the service writer stated.

farmtruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F350XLT, 2 x 12 F250XLT, 23 Lightning Lariet ER
Occupation
Farmer
Lane assist has had the largest learning curve for me. The big trick is learning to steer without grabbing the wheel when lane assist is on. Grabbing the wheel results in tired hands because you have to constantly apply steering input when in lane assist mode. I tend to steer with my palm or wrist at 11 o'clock provides just enough input to keep the steering sensor quiet. One o'clock doesn't work because the driver alert sensor complains when I drive with my hand there. Ford has definitely designed the steering system to be left hand steered.

Sponsored

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have had trouble with mine also. I have an appointment with the dealer on the 24th to get it reprogrammed. It seems like when I had the battery issue and they had to replace two modules in the battery. The voltage to the computer system went too low and, messed up programming. At least this is what the service writer stated.
I got mine back from the dealer today but didn't bother reading the paperwork yet. I"ll test drive it tomorrow and see if I notice a difference.

BBB

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250, focus, cmax energy.
Occupation
retired
No lightning yet ??? so is this issue using blue cruise?

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
The Mach E family of vehicles also had a "pull right" effect in its Driver Assistance package features, until (as I recall) a software update sometime in late 2023 / early 2024.

So, maybe, "it's coming"... it has something to do with the IMPA module and how the windshield camera dynamically interprets what it sees as painted lines on the road.
Sponsored