• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
@chillaban , when you check for software updates directly in the truck does is get stuck at checking for updates? I ask because a few of us had that issue and it prevented the APIM update from starting on the USB. Pulling the negative off the battery for a short while fixed it in my case. APIM update from USB started right up after that.
Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
@chillaban , when you check for software updates directly in the truck does is get stuck at checking for updates? I ask because a few of us had that issue and it prevented the APIM update from starting on the USB. Pulling the negative off the battery for a short while fixed it in my case. APIM update from USB started right up after that.
Oh yeah that's exactly the situation I'm in. I'll try disconnecting the 12V!

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
That's what finally worked for me as well...I think a GWM OTA put the system in a state that caused it to ignore USB drive updates for some reason.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
That's what finally worked for me as well...I think a GWM OTA put the system in a state that caused it to ignore USB drive updates for some reason.
When this happens, just reboot the GWM/TCU with FORScan. If the GWM gets hung up in a funky state, that will suffice.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah this worked for me too. I had suspected that the stalled checking for updates may be related as I’ve never had trouble with previous USB stick updates. I always keep decent
When this happens, just reboot the GWM/TCU with FORScan. If the GWM gets hung up in a funky state, that will suffice.
so I did try this first and the reboot button for the TCU did not appear to do anything. I hit the reboot on the GWM, TCU, and APIM and only the APIM reboot had a visible effect. Oh well, at least the Lightning 12V is easy to reach

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
so I did try this first and the reboot button for the TCU did not appear to do anything. I hit the reboot on the GWM, TCU, and APIM and only the APIM reboot had a visible effect. Oh well, at least the Lightning 12V is easy to reach
You won't "see" an effect. Did FORScan confirm the reboot procedure was successful?

Either way, no harm in disconnecting the battery. Just figured this may be easier and would accomplish the same end result.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You won't "see" an effect. Did FORScan confirm the reboot procedure was successful?

Either way, no harm in disconnecting the battery. Just figured this may be easier and would accomplish the same end result.
Well I expected a reset of the TCU to at least bounce the cellular and WiFi connections given that’s where the Qualcomm baseband is, but I didn’t see such an effect. FORScan did claim it was successful, similar to the APIM reset. Either way, unfortunately for this issue none of the 3 module resets helped.
Sponsored