Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
A. That screenshot may be a pretty damn good photoshop

B. If not a photoshop, then the XLT may be available still, since each grid uses same color theme like my screenshot below, but its cut off so we don't know for sure.

C. If this guy is from indeed from Wave 1, why the hell hasn't he ordered yet?! Doesn't he know Wave 2 coming tomorrow? Ya, i get it.. he may still be undecided and going back and forth with what he wants, blah blah blah..but good Lord. Make up your damn mind! If you're lucky enough to get the Golden Ticket and know models are limited, quit being so indecisive, figure it out and order a.s.a.p! Hope everyone that gets a future invite learns from this guy.

Anyway, this is what SmoothJ was referring to..

limited availablility.png
Gotcha. They probably just added them as place holders so people won’t be surprised tomorrow when the sell out. Might mean they expect a good number of to be able to order!
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Gotcha. They probably just added them as place holders so people won’t be surprised tomorrow when the sell out. Might mean they expect a good number of to be able to order!
Also confirms a bit more that production numbers will be low for 22MY.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
so did anyone get an email on the 19th for wave 2? Was wave 1 email the day before ordering or the same day?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
so did anyone get an email on the 19th for wave 2? Was wave 1 email the day before ordering or the same day?
No email and I don’t recall any email going out for Wave 1 the night before.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
No email and I don’t recall any email going out for Wave 1 the night before.
It didn't, emails showed up Thursday afternoon. Don't know where the rumor that emails would go out early came from. Ford said 1/20, so emails should start showing up this afternoon.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I hope everyone realizes that even if you get a Pro order in, it doesn't mean you're getting one in 2022. If Ford decides to stick to a hard cap on production you'll get a nice note that your order has been cancelled or that you can move it to a 2023 Pro, or however their customer service decides to handle it. They need to meet their numbers and if that means some people can't get their Pro this year then that's what will happen. You would hope they have the cap set in the ordering system but...do you trust them not to screw that up?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I hope everyone realizes that even if you get a Pro order in, it doesn't mean you're getting one in 2022. If Ford decides to stick to a hard cap on production you'll get a nice note that your order has been cancelled or that you can move it to a 2023 Pro, or however their customer service decides to handle it. They need to meet their numbers and if that means some people can't get their Pro this year then that's what will happen. You would hope they have the cap set in the ordering system but...do you trust them not to screw that up?
I would. I mean the truck itself it essentially a rolling bunch of computers talking via CAN or ETHERNET with thousands of lines of code. If they can't figure out the website, then I don't give them much hope for this truck... lol.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I would. I mean the truck itself it essentially a rolling bunch of computers talking via CAN or ETHERNET with thousands of lines of code. If they can't figure out the website, then I don't give them much hope for this truck... lol.
Yeah, but they pay the big bucks to the people who make the trucks not the website. :)

Seriously, though, if Ford decides in 3 months that they need more Lariat and Platinum orders for 2022, they'll just bump Pro and XLT. The order doesn't guarantee anything about delivery time.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
A. That screenshot may be a pretty damn good photoshop

B. If not a photoshop, then the XLT may be available still, since each grid uses same color theme like my screenshot below, but its cut off so we don't know for sure.

C. If this guy is from indeed from Wave 1, why the hell hasn't he ordered yet?! Doesn't he know Wave 2 coming tomorrow? Ya, i get it.. he may still be undecided and going back and forth with what he wants, blah blah blah..but good Lord. Make up your damn mind! If you're lucky enough to get the Golden Ticket and know models are limited, quit being so indecisive, figure it out and order a.s.a.p! Hope everyone that gets a future invite learns from this guy.

Anyway, this is what SmoothJ was referring to..

limited availablility.png

I saw that "limited availability" tag on all of the models when I went to the site yesterday. I don't see it now.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I could see how that could happen. However, if Ford is limiting the orders of specific models for the 2022 model year, it seems they would slot and build those in 2022.
You never know, but we can only hope.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Status
Not open for further replies.