• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

List the features needed to make the Ford Nav something you WANT to use

sw-lightning23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
It’s pretty well understood that the Ford navigation system leaves a lot to be desired. That being said, I see a lot of issues with other systems, like Apple Maps via CarPlay where you can’t change the auto-routed charger. There are a lot of benefits to a native navigation system and it being closely integrated with the vehicle. Therefore, I’m curious as to what everyone thinks are the specific things @Ford Motor Company can/should do for existing vehicles to make the native navigation a first-class experience - especially if they’re eventually going to charge for it.

For starters:
— Show the estimated destination SOC on the main screen without having to go to the sub-screens.

What else?
Sponsored

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I would love to see a filtered view of enroute chargers, using the charger rates (e.g. <= 50 kwh, 51 - 100 kwh, 101 - 150 kwh, 151 - 250kwh, > 250 kwh) either by a selection filter or visually representing the chargers on screen somehow. I know they have the data, its ridiculous that I see charger locations for 22 kwh when I'm not really interested in those especially during a road trip.

Edited: I would also love for Ford to include all the available Tesla chargers...

Last edited:

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I like it whatever way it is now.
I use Apple CarPlay, Apple Maps and ABRP instead of truck nav.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ford Nav is used on every Ford vehicle, including gas. Ford is moving to Android Automotive, so all this changes.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That doesn't help us any though.
The point is you should not expect Ford to overhaul a soon to be obsolete product. Not going to happen.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I would love to see a filtered view of enroute chargers, using the charger rates (e.g. <= 50 kwh, 51 - 100 kwh, 101 - 150 kwh, 151 - 250kwh, > 250 kwh) either by a selection filter or visually representing the chargers on screen somehow. I know they have the data, its ridiculous that I see charger locations for 22 kwh when I'm not really interested in those especially during a road trip.

Edited: I would also love for Ford to include all the available Tesla chargers...
There is a coarse filter to do that. When looking for a fast charger, I always hit the 3 lightning bolt icon. I don’t know what the cutoff is - maybe it’s simply “level 3”, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any less than 50 kw with that filter.

I agree, a more fine-tuned filter would be useful.

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
There is a coarse filter to do that. When looking for a fast charger, I always hit the 3 lightning bolt icon. I don’t know what the cutoff is - maybe it’s simply “level 3”, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any less than 50 kw with that filter.

I agree, a more fine-tuned filter would be useful.
I'll use that filter but my request is that it sticks so that I only see those chargers on screen when enroute. The other issue is that I have to actually select the visible chargers that show on screen to see what their rate of charge is.

Sponsored

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
It’s pretty well understood that the Ford navigation system leaves a lot to be desired. That being said, I see a lot of issues with other systems, like Apple Maps via CarPlay where you can’t change the auto-routed charger. There are a lot of benefits to a native navigation system and it being closely integrated with the vehicle. Therefore, I’m curious as to what everyone thinks are the specific things @Ford Motor Company can/should do for existing vehicles to make the native navigation a first-class experience - especially if they’re eventually going to charge for it.

For starters:
— Show the estimated destination SOC on the main screen without having to go to the sub-screens.

What else?
Real time display of chargers!!! Including Tesla chargers that WE can use, and being able to filter WHICH chargers you can see. And don't take away the ability to TAP on a charger to see its details, including charging RATE.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
The point is you should not expect Ford to overhaul a soon to be obsolete product. Not going to happen.
Cutting support on a subscription based vehicle only 2 years in and less is a good way to lose your future customers.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cutting support on a subscription based vehicle only 2 years in and less is a good way to lose your future customers.
How did you turn not expecting an overhaul to "cutting support"?

They'll tweak it. They won't reinvent it.

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
This may seem shallow, but I'd like the option for an orthographic layer (aerial photo) like you can get with Google Maps and A Better Route Planner. The Ford Nav's use of simple lines seems to elementary and cheap to me.
Sponsored