• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Looking at a 2023 Platinum w/ 3k miles... What's a good price nowadays?

ma0am

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
Hi guys,
was debating for a while to trade in my BMW 750... Yes, quite a change.
Found a used, like new 2023 Platinum with 3k miles.

Curious, what is a decent price for that truck? Listed at $72k. I am at arounds 68k, but wondering if even that is a bit on the high side?
Obviously the current financing offers for a new one are nice too, where this one will probably put me in the 5% interest rate ( I have a FICO Score of >830)
Appreciate y'alls input.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

ma0am

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
WOW!
Yes... now that gives me some more leverage. I am in Tulsa, OK... so a bit of a different market, but even with delivery the one you shared is still way cheaper.

Thanks

No Oil HaHa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’d look online and find a dealer knowledgable with out of state transactions. I bought my truck 2,200 miles from my home but saved about $7,000 after adding the transportation costs.

This is the second truck in a row I’ve bought out of state and it was a pleasant experience all around.

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
I wouldn’t be looking at used EV’s unless you’re gonna get one under 25K otherwise you might as well buy a brand new one and get 0% interest unless you pay outright cash but even then buying a one or two year one ain’t worth it

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
I wouldn’t be looking at used EV’s unless you’re gonna get one under 25K otherwise you might as well buy a brand new one and get 0% interest unless you pay outright cash but even then buying a one or two year one ain’t worth it
This is what I did. Another thing is there are some solid discounts. Think 10+% off MSRP, then another $7500 off if the MSRP is under 80k.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
For $25K+ difference it’s worth it to me all day long. As long as the service history is clean. A new platinum won’t qualify for the federal tax credit anyway.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I would also look at the window sticker. I looked at a new 23 plat. A month ago and it really did not have anything more than the lariat I wound up getting. Multi contour seats were deleted. No heated wheel but that’s an easy add after. And worse range because of the 22’s. I got a new 23 lariat ER. Was a special order so it had power running boards. 3 yrs of bluecruise included and the 80 pro charger (evse) all included. Got almost 25k off the truck.

Sponsored
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Self
Ryan, I live in Tulsa and have a 23 Lightning. When you get yours, we'll have to have our own car show. Best of luck.

SC_Sparky

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Black
I paid 60k in March for same truck with a few more miles, but under 15k is like new. Had the vehicle shipped from midwest to west coast.

Harman023

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
retired HVAC mechanic
I bought my used 23 in February and paid 72k. The truck has 2 inches of lift and leveled. It has Ford Performance rims and Rough Country tires. I love the truck but have never done better than 2.3 kw/mile. My average is around 1.8 kw/mile. Wish it was stock.

NCevGuyF150

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford lightning
Occupation
Repair technician
Hi guys,
was debating for a while to trade in my BMW 750... Yes, quite a change.
Found a used, like new 2023 Platinum with 3k miles.

Curious, what is a decent price for that truck? Listed at $72k. I am at arounds 68k, but wondering if even that is a bit on the high side?
Obviously the current financing offers for a new one are nice too, where this one will probably put me in the 5% interest rate ( I have a FICO Score of >830)
Appreciate y'alls input.

Thanks
I bought mine at capital Ford in Charlotte. I bought it used also. I went back to trade it about five months later and it had depreciated $20,000.

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I picked up my 2023 Lariat with 13K for $59K and the sticker price was $85K. It had a tri-fold tonneau cover too which is probably worth an additional $1500
Sponsored