• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LVB on Ford Website?

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Dear @Ford Motor Company ,

Owners have been begging for 12 volt SOC display in our trucks for 2 years. An adventurous owner found a "work-around" on a Ford website, and shared it with all of us. As inconvenient as the method was, it appeased us owners waiting for Ford to deliver the requested information in our trucks. And now that option seems to have been eliminated.

I just don't get it. It is such a simple thing to do, and it would have disproportionately positive impact in the name of customer service.

This is an open request to you to share your position and explanation with us on this forum.

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,

Lytning
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
So how would I be able to know what my LVB soc is now? Without having to buy anything to plug into my OBD port, but just via my phone.
Ford does not want us to know that a 12 volt battery exists, let alone its charge level. They would prefer we just take it to the dealer whenever we have a question.

But to answer your question, no I don't think it's possible now without an OBD dongle. And of course that means no checking remotely.

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor
Considering that roughly 60% (from what I can tell) of the bricking issues that are discussed on this forum have to do with the goofy, tiny LVB dying unexpectedly, it would seem to be advantageous for customer service, overall relations, and SALES, to give us a clear indicator, and not just the webpage account measurement. And now, that's gone. Who's making these decisions?
Many people pay attention to this forum before buying, and a constant fear seems to be, ("I'm not paying $60,000 for a truck that will leave me stranded").
Come ON @Ford Motor Company ! Easy fix.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
They would prefer we just take it to the dealer whenever we have a question.
If that is FORD's real state of mind, it ignores reality.

The current EV situation does not favor the dealership, since future service work outside of warranty will be minimal.

A OBD isn't required, only a $7 volt meter
Ford F-150 Lightning LVB on Ford Website? 1722876913558-2m

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
If that is FORD's real state of mind, it ignores reality.

The current EV situation does not favor the dealership, since future service work outside of warranty will be minimal.

1722876913558-2m.png
What is the SOC at 13.5 volts?

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
You have to be careful which one you buy, though. I had one that routinely measured about 0.3 volt lower than the voltage read across my Honda battery terminals with a multimeter. I forget whether I checked the voltage across the auxiliary power outlet connectors, but I always just added 0.3 volts to whatever the plug-in device read.

Find a table or graph of voltage vs. charge for your AGM battery model and interpolate if necessary:

Just an example. Not a table for Ford batteries

Ford F-150 Lightning LVB on Ford Website? 1722900559865-wo

Source: https://shopsolarkits.com/blogs/learning-center/agm-battery-voltage-chart

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I was going to answer you that it hasn't changed, but looking at my dashboard I see "charge level" 77%. But Ford Pass says (accurately) 76%. appears it's still giving the LVB number but who knows?

Ford stubborning refuses to fix: a simple change to the captioning. I'm not a programmer but I know anyone with just a little bit of coding experience can change that HTML code in a snap.

I'll check mine tomorrow but my guess the dashboard is still showing the LVB
hmmm..... I'm going to be out and about tomorrow, will look at it in more detail
yep, it's showing the HVB level. it's good that it now is labeled correctly. But now have lost the ability to see the LVB at all! But if things are working correctly we should never have to think about it anyway. But thank you Ford for fixing it.... even if it took 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I just realized that this was my HVB. I was concerned that my LVB was at 62% with normal use and driving (sometimes I don’t drive for a few days). Then I realized it matched my HVB percentage. Luckily, I have the home assistant integration running, so I can get my LVB level there. Just need to give a lock command and wait a minute or two for the server to update.

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
We still need the LVB level... I recently had an update ready to install... Tried to manually install twice but it failed... I do a lot of 5 miles a day driving and I was at about 27% on my SOC so I plugged in and charged to 90% like normal at the end of the day, overnight the update went perfectly.. I have to assume that the LVB was brought up to at least min required level and the update worked... Had I not assumed the LVB waz the problem from past EXPERIENCE ie a new owner, I would have been complaining about Ford an OTA's. I think @Ford Motor Company wants us to see EV's to be just like an ICE vehicle... but they aren't, at least not yet, and that's OK. Just give us the info we might need and call it a day.

Tdub

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The LVB, being an integral part of the truck, charge level should be prominently displayed on the dash. We as owners should not have to go to different screens in order to gather information on the health of the battery. If Ford can show the state of charge on another screen, why can’t it be moved to a different screen that “we” can see all the time.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
My account dashboard has been showing the HVB since the end of July 2024.
From other posts I thought it was the LVB, but it corresponded to the HVB level.

I was having issue getting an update too. So I charged to 90% with the FCSP while the truck was on, locked, lights off, etc., overnight, and that got the LVB up high enough for the update.

Afterwards I got some crazy info from my on-line account dashboard about tire pressure!

Ford F-150 Lightning LVB on Ford Website? tire pressure - OMG

I looked outside to be sure my truck had not been blown sky high by the tire pressure - still firmly planted on planet earth.

A little while later, one of the tires had come back down a bit:
Ford F-150 Lightning LVB on Ford Website? tire pressure 2 - OMG

Weird science!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
From other posts I thought it was the LVB, but it corresponded to the HVB level.

I was having issue getting an update too. So I charged to 90% with the FCSP while the truck was on, locked, lights off, etc., overnight, and that got the LVB up high enough for the update.

Afterwards I got some crazy info from my on-line account dashboard about tire pressure!

tire pressure - OMG.jpg

I looked outside to be sure my truck had not been blown sky high by the tire pressure - still firmly planted on planet earth.

tire pressure 2 - OMG.jpg

Weird science!
Did you get an update?

Take her for a drive around the block .... all will be well.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

tire pressure - OMG.jpg

tire pressure 2 - OMG.jpg

Weird science!
Learn the metric system. The pressure is in pascals. 😊
Not really but who knows.

Reactions: chl

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Learn the metric system. The pressure is in pascals. 😊
Not really but who knows.
LOL!

Yes got the update but afterwards, strange tire pressure for a while, back to 'normal' now.

yes, but...9502 pascals is about 1.378149 psi...so practically flat!
Ha

Last edited by a moderator:

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor
Now, of all things, my only real-time LVB level is shown in the DIMO app, which seems ridiculous. Why on earth would they change the LVB to the HVB SOC in the account page on the web Ford app? What could be the motivation?

Ford F-150 Lightning LVB on Ford Website? 1000007396
Sponsored