• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My lightning got BRICKED with the software update. WILL NOT START.

OP
OP
FordEVr DAD

FordEVr DAD

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 lightning
Occupation
Stock trader
So what you are saying is they fixed your truck in one day and you chose to leave it there over a holiday weekend on your own volition.

You should know that going forward, the active air dam throws codes all the time. It's just very finicky. Ford sent out an update that most trucks have now where the active air dam warning no longer shows up on the instrument cluster at all

Good to know about the "Active air dam system failure issue" - Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
FordEVr DAD

FordEVr DAD

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 lightning
Occupation
Stock trader
It happened to me last night but my update said it was successful and started throwing a lot of error codes. I started a thread here before I saw yours.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-14-0-bricked-my-truck-too.21200/#post-417601

Sorry to hear that this happened to you as well. Looks like there was only a handful of us that this was an issue (More like a disaster :crazy: ). Was your vehicle fixed now? How do we find what version of the update that our truck was trying to download? I want to know because I want to make sure that they actually did get this uploaded and fixed in the dealership, with the new update and not revert back to an older version of the software just so it would start.

JMR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat+ Lightning Ordered

Sorry to hear that this happened to you as well. Looks like there was only a handful of us that this was an issue (More like a disaster :crazy: ). Was your vehicle fixed now? How do we find what version of the update that our truck was trying to download? I want to know because I want to make sure that they actually did get this uploaded and fixed in the dealership, with the new update and not revert back to an older version of the software just so it would start.
My truck is fixed now. The cure was a 12V battery replacement. I think it originally threw a bad code because of the update (which others had confirmed happened to them and it went away with time). I likely drained the 12V trying to get the truck to clear the code by going through multiple start/stop cycles that evening and the next morning.

I don't know if there is a way to see what update version the truck is trying to download when it is unsuccessful. Someone else will have to chime in on that. MIne was 6.14.0 which a lot of people have been getting over the past week or two.
Sponsored