• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Ford has done it again. I got on the list for delivery of the adapter in May, which was delayed until June, then July and now they’ve skipped August and now are saying it’s September. Anyone else get the impression they are going to stop shipping them and force us to go buy them?
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ford has done it again. I got on the list for delivery of the adapter in May, which was delayed until June, then July and now they’ve skipped August and now are saying it’s September. Anyone else get the impression they are going to stop shipping them and force us to go buy them?

Mine was scheduled for July 2 days ago and today it says September.

Incredible.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September Screenshot_20240731_112546_Dolphin

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Mine was just delayed also. Was supposed to ship in August.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September 1722447395860-dz

Sponsored

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
Same, although I called them about it at the end of June and they told me it would be September verbally despite the site saying July. So Ford already knew at least a month ago.

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just recieved this email:
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September fb83f4a0-f972-44a3-b74c-dd91e0645a79
Due to ongoing supply constraints, there is a further delay of your complimentary Fast Charging Adapter. We know this is frustrating. Thank you for your continued patience.

To expedite your adapter delivery, we are rapidly working with our supply base to increase high-quality production. We are confident we will have a solution in the coming weeks. As adapter supply increases, our goal is to work as fast as possible to get your adapter to you.

We will continue to update you on the estimated timing of your adapter. In the meantime, make sure you’re ready to Plug & Charge with Tesla Superchargers by setting your vehicle’s automatic software updates to “On.”

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I believe my original ship date was September (signed up March of '24). Purchased an A2Z in May, figured even IF the freebie shipped September I would have A2Z for summer. Now the A2Z purchase looks even better.

Tedmister2

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue XLT Lightning
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Same push back to September from August. Is six months too much time? They advertise the supercharger network but they make access to it more difficult than needed.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September IMG_4796

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
On the one hand, it's free so we can't complain too much.

On the other, third party adapters are officially prohibited. Luckily they work fine, but technically we are not allowed to use them. So they've been hyping up supercharger access for 5 months now with almost nobody actually allowed to use them. Definitely not a good look, bordering on false advertising. Not a great way to build customer trust

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
I am order 90007489 made Feb 29 also pushed to Sept today. Seems they have not made many of these at all if they are shipping in order. Disappointing.

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
"Solution in the coming weeks" sounds very reassuring...

My June delivery also bounced to September.

SpacemanSpiff

First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I'm bumped from August to September too. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, and I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong to blame Ford, but I'm personally more inclined to blame Tesla in this instance, since they're actually producing the things

I'm sure firing the entire Tesla supercharger team didn't help matters, since the adapter design almost certainly grew out of the Magic Dock, which was almost certainly designed by that team. Probably a lot more of us would be holding adapters right now if the guy in control of the process wasn't a complete loon.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter shipping delayed until September Screenshot_20240731_133022_Brave

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
@petewatts
couple things funny about your post.

a day late with the info.

force you to buy - this a choice regardless if Ford provides or not. You don’t have to use Tesla charge network.

the majority of buyers bought never thinking Tesla network would be an option. Probably a small % of reasoning to say I’ll buy a lightning because I can charge on Tesla network.

it’s free from a company that’s losing hundreds of millions on ev’s.

keep the laughs coming.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I'm bumped from August to September too. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, and I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong to blame Ford, but I'm personally more inclined to blame Tesla in this instance, since they're actually producing the things

I'm sure firing the entire Tesla supercharger team didn't help matters, since the adapter design almost certainly grew out of the Magic Dock, which was almost certainly designed by that team. Probably a lot more of us would be holding adapters right now if the guy in control of the process wasn't a complete loon.

Screenshot_20240731_133022_Brave.jpg
@SpacemanSpiff
blame?
‘what’s this?
you can buy an adapter.
you don’t have to use the Tesla charge network

these are choices.
Sponsored