Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
They've made a lot of Pros they're just not sell them to non fleet customers which is unfortunate. I'd like to know the break downs of each model with SR vs ER but they'll never tell us that info.
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
If you can order fleet you would have ordered last year!
I ordered retail last year and have my truck. I intended on having the company purchase my retail reservation when it arrived, but the name matching policy caused the dealer to say no. If I could order a fleet Pro ER to be built sometime in 2023 I’d consider it, but the fleet Silverado EV May arrive in late 2023.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
The price of lithium carbonate has skyrocketed to a new record in China. That's the main reason for the cost increase.

It's currently at $71,764.95 per ton. A year ago, it was $24,741.69 per ton. Two years ago, it was at $5,482.53 per ton.
https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/lithium (price shown in Yuan)

Also, here's Steel https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/hrc-steel
And Aluminum https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/aluminum
A lot of the reason is simply just because they can (demand). The Lightning Pro now costs about the same as a comparably-equipped gas F-150. Why would it be less when demand is so high... besides marketing.

The Pro price was artificially lowered (given way lower margins than the other trims) for marketing purposes (hype about $40k Pro) and they're just moving it closer to in-line with the other trims. The price never reflected the cost to build it in the same way the other trims did.

Of course, increased costs means the margins got even worse than they already were for the Pro, so that was more pressure to bring the Pro's margin in line.

Sponsored

lymanwarnock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The sticker on my Pro was $45.6k. Just built the same truck on the Build and Price site and the sticker is $58.4. Yikes.
I do not think I would be in at that price even with the tax credit factored in.
$80,000 for a mid-range (xlt) is ridiculous. I've been buying Fords since the 1970s. I think Ford is sacrificing their Legacy market to appeal to the rich.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
$80,000 for a mid-range (xlt) is ridiculous. I've been buying Fords since the 1970s. I think Ford is sacrificing their Legacy market to appeal to the rich.
$80k for a mid-range XLT ICE is ridiculous. $80k for a mid-trim Full Size Electric Truck is pricey, but probably reasonable compared to other available options (there are no other options currently).

Remember the Rivian is not a Full Size truck, its a mid-size, it's more like a Jeep Gladiator.

Bradleyp

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Acura Tlx, Tundra, Harleys, Ducati ss
Occupation
Cyber security
Looks like the Pro went up to $51k

51k for a base model pick-up is ridiculous. I can get a new Audi Q5 hybrid premium for 54k.

I reserved in December so I won’t get an order in til 2024.

I’m out!

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
51k for a base model pick-up is ridiculous.
I mean, that's certainly arguable, but it's the same price as a comparably-equipped base-trim (XL) gas F-150. So, it's very competitive with truck prices in general.

It's also TONS bigger than a Q5, more powerful, quicker, cheaper to fuel. You're giving up the more premium interior, for sure, but the Lightning has many other advantages.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
51k for a base model pick-up is ridiculous. I can get a new Audi Q5 hybrid premium for 54k.

I reserved in December so I won’t get an order in til 2024.

I’m out!
You could have gotten a PB ICE F-150 if you really needed a truck. But enjoy the Q5 hybrid premium.

Bradleyp

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Acura Tlx, Tundra, Harleys, Ducati ss
Occupation
Cyber security
You could have gotten a PB ICE F-150 if you really needed a truck. But enjoy the Q5 hybrid premium.
I was Just looking at Hybrids and the Audi came up. I have new 2022 model Y that I got for 53k. I probably will go with a couple years old ICE pick-up since it will be a third vehicle and not my daily driver.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was Just looking at Hybrids and the Audi came up. I have new 2022 model Y that I got for 53k. I probably will go with a couple years old ICE pick-up since it will be a third vehicle and not my daily driver.
Congrats on the Model Y. Enjoy.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Congrats on the Model Y. Enjoy.
Funny, how many Tesla drivers will come up to see my Lightning and say that the interior tech stuff is so much loaded than their single giant tablet in the center dash.

It's true - I have had to put the 15" screen and the driver info screen into calm mode to prevent such an overload to my senses!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Funny, how many Tesla drivers will come up to see my Lightning and say that the interior tech stuff is so much loaded than their single giant tablet in the center dash.

It's true - I have had to put the 15" screen and the driver info screen into calm mode to prevent such an overload to my senses!
Lol…… some Tesla owners are hilarious.
Sponsored