First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Is there any reason to believe the price will change for those who have ordered and been scheduled? That seems unlikely to me.
Those that placed their orders at the time the dealer accepted the order and submitted to ROVP/COVP, are price protected even if the price increases afterwards.

Upon delivery, your dealer can pull up the SMART VINcent screen and show you the price at time of order vs delivery and you can choose what ever incentive best suits you..
Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Those that placed their orders at the time the dealer accepted the order and submitted to ROVP/COVP, are price protected even if the price increases afterwards.

Upon delivery, your dealer can pull up the SMART VINcent screen and show you the price at time of order vs delivery and you can choose what ever incentive best suits you..
Operative word being "can". Many dealers will likely choose the path of "won't".

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I think you’re in limbo until you have a window sticker.
According to Reuters, "The Ford spokesperson said those who have already scheduled their order, including commercial and government customers, will not be affected by the latest hike."

That's still kinda vague as to whether the order has to be SCHEDULED or just placed or whatever, but yeah.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
To me, as long as you've ORDERED, it should be locked in, regardless of whether or not the truck is scheduled.

But, it would be nice to get an official statement from Ford.
Yes, correct prices are locked in at the time of order acceptance by FoMoCo thru dealer's ROVP/COVP.

Case in point: when I placed my 2022 MME order, it was price protected even after Ford increased prices 2 times.

As long as the order goes into Ford and the VVR shows "Unscheduled - Clean" you are golden.
It does need to be scheduled.

Also, you get the benefit of any incentives & low APR offers when your order is placed to Ford's ROVP/COVP.

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Can anyone confirm if those who have an order but no VIN/build date haven’t seen a price increase?

it will be good background for what will happen to everyone else eventually

Sponsored

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Yes, correct prices are locked in at the time of order acceptance by FoMoCo thru dealer's ROVP/COVP.

Case in point: when I placed my 2022 MME order, it was price protected even after Ford increased prices 2 times.

As long as the order goes into Ford and the VVR shows "Unscheduled - Clean" you are golden.
It does need to be scheduled.

Also, you get the benefit of any incentives & low APR offers when your order is placed to Ford's ROVP/COVP.
I don’t think you can COVP a Lightning. That is what the reservation system was for.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Do you have a link or source for that information?
It's all over the forum from the 2022 orders posted during the summer and in one of Long McArthur videos, where he explains the price protection and how to handle it with dealer

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Can anyone confirm if those who have an order but no VIN/build date haven’t seen a price increase?

it will be good background for what will happen to everyone else eventually
You should call Ford customer service. 800-334-4375

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I have been in a loop between my dealer and Ford customer service trying to get solid information on this. Ford customer service could not give me any information on how the amount of the private offer is affected. More troubling, they noted the 1/3/23 expiration on the "transition" offer in my account, but could not say what the conditions were for meeting that deadline. (Do you need to have ordered? Does your order need to be clean? Does your order need to be scheduled? Etc.)

A dealer rep seemed confident that the price protection would maintain pricing as of the date of my order. But I am not sure if he was expressing a general understanding, as opposed to a specific language in any Ford document.

Has anyone actually received a "certificate" or other document that clearly states the terms of the private offer?

Flashy McLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
I have been in a loop between my dealer and Ford customer service trying to get solid information on this. Ford customer service could not give me any information on how the amount of the private offer is affected. More troubling, they noted the 1/3/23 expiration on the "transition" offer in my account, but could not say what the conditions were for meeting that deadline. (Do you need to have ordered? Does your order need to be clean? Does your order need to be scheduled? Etc.)

A dealer rep seemed confident that the price protection would maintain pricing as of the date of my order. But I am not sure if he was expressing a general understanding, as opposed to a specific language in any Ford document.

Has anyone actually received a "certificate" or other document that clearly states the terms of the private offer?
Details were listed in this post - https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...0-increase-in-price.11626/page-18#post-243324

$5000 will likely be in form of price protection within the Model year, separate from the certificate.

Sponsored

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
I had a Pro dealer accepted in September before the price hike. I had the dealer remove my onboard scales and the base MSRP updated to reflect the price hike. Is this right or will there be a correction in the system for this?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I had a Pro dealer accepted in September before the price hike. I had the dealer remove my onboard scales and the base MSRP updated to reflect the price hike. Is this right or will there be a correction in the system for this?
My understanding is there will only be a correction if; you are a Wave 1 or 2 order, or you ordered a MY22 that didn't get built in time and was pushed to MY23.

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
One of the Blue Oval Forums moderators posted language that appears to be from a Ford bulletin about the price increase. It states:

Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.​

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders placed starting October 24. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are unaffected by this adjustment.​

Assuming it is accurately quoted, that gives me comfort.

Last edited:

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
One of the Blue Oval Forums moderators posted language that appears to be from a Ford bulletin about the price increase. It states:

Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.​

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders placed starting October 24. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are unaffected by this adjustment.​

Assuming it is accurately quoted, that gives me comfort.
It also puts down any hope that with the price increase that they might allow private people to order he pro again by saying the 2023 Pro is sold out for them. Ouch.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
It also puts down any hope that with the price increase that they might allow private people to order he pro again by saying the 2023 Pro is sold out for them. Ouch.
Unless you can order fleet before 10/24/2022. I may have to make a call on Monday.
Sponsored