• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Post Module Replacement (23H01) - Problem Free?

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
For the folks that have had the 23H01 bulletin applied by Ford to their vehicle or even have experienced the High Voltage Warning and Powertrain Malfunction errors, how has your truck been post repair?

This is the 3rd week my truck has been at the dealership. Apparently they have the module, but Ford shipped them the incorrect bracket or something like that. I'm wondering if after this fix will I be problem free for the foreseeable future. I completely understand that this is a 1st Gen vehicle and problems are expected. I just hope this issue is addressed and doesn't result in multiple visits back and forth to the dealer.

Your experiences post install would be appreciated.
Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Its been about 2 months since mine was completed with no issues. I did have an issue with overheating motors immediately after due to some air left in the coolant lines but they quickly fixed that.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Had mine done about 3 months ago, no issues since. Didn't have any noticeable issues before either. Ford dealt with ordering the parts and making the appt, and the dealer only had my vehicle for one day, so overall it was a great experience.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is scheduled for 23H01 replacement on July 31. I will visit the dealership on 7/28 to inquire if they are fully prepared for the work. All communications thus far, including the dealership appointment, have been with the Ford BEV Team. I would appreciate anyone else who has been through this program sharing any issues they have experienced. It is also good the hear the positive experiences.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Same as above. Service scheduled for Monday 7/31- I plan to call the dealership tomorrow to confirm they have the required parts to complete the work.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Same as above. Service scheduled for Monday 7/31- I plan to call the dealership tomorrow to confirm they have the required parts to complete the work.
Although my truck is part of the bulletin, they never gave me a heads up. They applied the bulletin to my vehicle after it failed.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Although my truck is part of the bulletin, they never gave me a heads up. They applied the bulletin to my vehicle after it failed.
Same here- truck failed and had issues. Once I got a hold of ford they mentioned it was impacted by this

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Same here- truck failed and had issues. Once I got a hold of ford they mentioned it was impacted by this
"Had" issues. Does this mean your truck has been fixed?

Like I said before, mines still at the dealership. Apparently a tool that they need to replace the battery module was sent by Ford to the dealership sometime ago. The dealership claims they can't find it and that Ford never shipped it. To order a new one, it would ship in October. They're looking around for it now and will start to work with other dealerships in the area. It's frustrating to say the least. If they had the right tools I'd have it back already.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
See my signature for my spreadsheet tracking these PM//RP problems. Let us know any details of your vehicle, like mileage, model, driving limits, problems noted, and repairs. Thanks...not looking forward to one of these unexpected fails or "heads-up" notifications!

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I never had any issues. Was contacted by ford that I was affected and they replaced the module. Its been about 8000 miles since then and still have not had any issues.

If you are in contact with the ford BEV team ask them about adding an extended warranty for free for your troubles. They gave me "60/75,000 Premiumcare EV W/roadside" which expires at 75,000 miles or July of 2027.

OP
OP

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I wish Ford was more proactive and identified my truck was part of the bulletin well before it died.
Sponsored