• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out

Kikkiperez

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Still waiting for 2.3.0 to install on my truck. It failed last week and says it's retrying. Not very confident it will install at this point.
My update failed 2 weeks ago thought it would try again but there is no way that I know to push the retry so had to wait and it finally successfully installed. Wish we could do a force push.

msokad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
My update failed 2 weeks ago thought it would try again but there is no way that I know to push the retry so had to wait and it finally successfully installed. Wish we could do a force push.
I agree on trying to force push. The other option I wouldn't mind is a better message on why it failed.

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So this may sound like a dumb question but how do I know what update version I just got?
There are no numbers to say what version I have that I can see.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out C65C5746-1BC8-466D-B738-35CF94DA83EB
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out 36624914-2AA2-48FA-94CC-861694A2CEC4

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You are a job 2 truck. The update you just got was for bluecruise only. The only OTA sent out so far for JOB 2 is the one you just got. The apim software version is only referring to the apim. That version was the version shipping around july/august.. then 21223 started in October or so

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Valleyrider could you send me your vin. I would like to see the files in the update

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Lead Training Manager, Design
I received 3 OTA updates in 1 week. I had no updates at all in 2021. I learned 2.3.0 was rolling out and was disappointed the ‘latest and greatest’ Ford pushed down was several months old upon install. That led me to tinker with Sync 4 more. It may be a coincidence, but the more I sent negative feedback to Ford about updates not working in Sync 4's embedded feedback menu, the more updates I received
smile.gif

Results:

January 11, 2022 - OTA 1.4.0
January 14, 2022 - OTA 1.7.0
January 18, 2022 - OTA 2.1.0
February 01, 2022 - OTA 2.1.1

My Routine:
  1. Manually hard reboot the APIM twice after each successful install.
  2. Disable WiFi after uploading Sync 4 feedback since WiFi turns itself on and auto-connects.
  3. Reset the scheduled updates feature to occur within 2 hours every time I park overnight.
  4. Enable WiFi > Sync 4 > General Settings > Send Feedback > Software Update > Wireless Update Not Working > Submit > Wait > Disable Wifi
  5. Set Parking Brake on.
Reasoning:
  1. I reboot the APIM twice because the APIM usually needs to be hard reset over the network twice for new settings to take effect. It’s as though there’s a process that hangs in the APIM and some coin cell battery is keeping something alive that needs a few kicks before it will work.
  2. Maybe a necessary port on my home router is closed, so I remove WiFi from the guesswork and let the TCU do its job. A hotspot subscription is not required. For better or worse, the telematics module will download and handoff updates to the GWM on its own whether you want it to or not.
  3. The scheduled updates feature in Sync 4 frequently resets itself to 00:00 with no days of the week selected regardless of what the Ford Pass App shows. I schedule them daily to occur the next morning when I park for the night.
  4. {Sync 4 > General Settings > Send Feedback > Software Update > Wireless Update Not Working > Submit} is usually when I get a Power Up update. It will spam the Ford Pass app with notifications to make pre-scheduled service appointments. It may be a coincidence that I'd get invites to schedule Sync 4 service appointments in Ford Pass at the exact same time OTA updates magically download, but there's nothing to lose and it seems to bring me good luck.
  5. In the workshop manual there's an indication that a parking brake check and no current DTCs are parameters for OTA updates to successfully execute so I’ve been setting my parking brake on even if it’s just parked on a flat road.

Differences I've experienced:
  • OTA 1.7.0 The PowerGenerator UI Element changed according to the change log. I didn’t see the change take effect until I hard reset Sync 4 twice in consecutive order even though the System version indicated 21146 Rev 145 the entire time.
  • OTA 1.7.0 Sirius channel icons which wouldn't appear now load.
  • OTA 2.1.0 Resolved black boarder appearing around CarPlay
  • OTA 2.1.1 Allows cameras to be watched while driving after enabling other functions in the APIM and IMPA
Notes:
  • US vs Canada builds do not seem to be a factor for who gets which updates first at this time.
  • With 2.1.1 the gasoline engine in the PowerBoost would not shut off under any circumstance until the ignition was cycled. Sync 4 will not tell you an update is taking place in real time. Sync 4 will show an update finished checkmark upon full ignition reset. So if you drive around all afternoon like I did wondering why your new hybrid truck is no longer a hybrid, this can be the reason.
  • Sometimes when an update occurs the parking brake will self engage when parked.

smile.gif

smile.gif
How do you define "Hard Reboot"? Is it hold Power and Forward Seek buttons?

Last edited:

volfaninaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Eco '21 Power
I have a job 1 PB Lariat purchased in July. My power up is on 1.7.1. I took it to dealer for the insulator recall and asked for them to update at least to 2.1.0 and the dealer said mine is on the latest version at 1.7.1. Is there something from Ford that shows version history?
I'm still waiting on BC as well.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I PROMISE you that was a blatant false statement. And I promise you that he absolutely knows that what he told you is not true.

For him to even know what the latest update available is requires him to connect your truck to Ford's FDRS program and allow it to scan your truck and then look to see after the scan what updates are available based on the current software that is on the truck.
FDRS would absolutely show the latest update available for multiple modules on your truck if you are that far behind. In this case they would have seen an APIM update that would take you to at least 2.3.0

In his defense, he does NOT want to do that update. It's several gigabytes and it can take several hours. And it can sometimes not go smoothly.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Communication I've got from Ford is that the fix will be an OTA update by end of Feb. Then I've heard in March after that. I think we just need to be patient. But my patience is wearing thin right now. Mine is also at 1.7.1 and not allowing me to toggle automatic updates. My Ford pass says Auto updates are on though, so hopefully the truck will get it automatically soon.

Sponsored

sgorgan

First Name
Sorin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 King Ranch PB 2021
I guess I am not alone. Took my car to the dealer 2 months ago with the gray-out update and no info, they tried to update at the dealer with no luck, they ordered "the module" and every week when I ask they are saying that is on backorder and they have no clue when will arrive.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out IMG-8963

After I took the car home from the dealer, I checked and all the info was present and the auto-update button toggled again. I checked for software update and nothing was available to update, the next day the screen went back to no info and gray-out, so go figure.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out IMG_7810

This is a bit ridiculous and so far Ford is losing points, not a good feeling when you spend $100k on a truck.

As far as Blue Cruise goes, back in Oct when I purchased the car it was promised by the dealer that will be available in Q4, then in Q1.

Ford I trust you know that we are frustrated by this BS. Do something!!!

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
TSB 21-2117 tells them how to fix this issue. I have done it myself successfully but I manually updated the software after the TSB in FDRS rather than wait and see what OTA would do.

Danny06

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Truck has been at the dealer for 1.5 weeks for the insulation recall and the update issue. Auto update toggle was greyed out and it failed to install 1.7.0 a few months back.
Truck goes into deep sleep mode after a day or so of not being started and auto start/stop has been functioning. Assuming battery drain due to software update or something. Dealer is having issues updating software but is very vague and telling me they’ve been in contact with Ford Engineering about this issue. I will update once I hear anything.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Truck has been at the dealer for 1.5 weeks for the insulation recall and the update issue. Auto update toggle was greyed out and it failed to install 1.7.0 a few months back.
Truck goes into deep sleep mode after a day or so of not being started and auto start/stop has been functioning. Assuming battery drain due to software update or something. Dealer is having issues updating software but is very vague and telling me they’ve been in contact with Ford Engineering about this issue. I will update once I hear anything.
If you have a Job 1 truck, have them take a look at TSB 21-2097. I had the deep sleep battery drain. That TSB fix is a gateway module reprogram and checking to make sure the doors align.

TSB 21-2117 to fix the updates isn't too hard but the dealer has to have some USB adapters that probably aren't yet standard car tools.

Danny06

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
I got the truck back yesterday finally. No Blue Cruise and service rep was not there to tell me what version the truck was updated to. I was on 1.4 previously and only noticed the difference in Apple CarPlay navigation shows on the cluster screen with the arrows, etc.
Sponsored