• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.5.0 - Minor Adj {Heated wheel & Dep Times}

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
That's exactly what they're doing, after a couple of years of fit's & hold's I see a lot of traffic on the updates threads.

Some of these updates are dependent on priors, though not all are dependent, eventually all model years should be on a level operational field, and at some point we will be ready for the major update to Blue Cruise.
Fingers crossed. I love this truck! Just want the software to be up to date.
Sponsored

Wjburgin

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2018 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate Development / Timberland Management
FWIW: I got my 6.5.0 installed at my 1a set-time. Iā€™m excited to see how quickly I can get 6.8.0. Iā€˜ve been getting updates on the regular here lately. Maybe Ford has cleaned up the code with an update so these OTAs are more stable so they feel confident in pushing them faster out to more vehicles.

Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine installed last night, haven't checked the truck, just the app (WFH, don't usually go anywhere till EOD).

23MY Lariat ER ordered July '23, delivered October '23.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Headed out jazz band rehearsal and when I pulled in to park got the notice this was ready to install. Since rehearsals last 2 hours, and the notice said vehicle would be inhibited for 12 minutes, I chose to install now. When I got out of rehearsal installation had completed successfully.

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
Just got 6.4 a few days ago on my September 23 build XLT. Waiting with baited breath for 6.5. šŸ˜ Hoping I'm not jinxing myself, but after months of no updates, I've gotten three recently.

Just get me the state of charge on the dash and I'm golden.

Sponsored

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
This...when I had my Tesla for 3 years, I never used the GOM, just had battery percentage showing on the dash. Took all range anxiety away and gave a more accurate representation of battery state. I want the same in my Lightning. Just waiting for the state of charge to be on the left hand of the dash. A fat piece of electrical tape will be going right where the stupid GOM range is displayed, never to be seen again.i wish Ford would give me the option to hide the GOM and show battery state of charge only, just like my Teslas have had forever

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
6.5 installed here too. 23 Pro made in Oct

Update: started the truck after the update this morning, available power dropped to 64%. In the lifetime of the truck, itā€™s never been below 100

Update 2: let sit for a couple hours (off) everything normal, power back up to 100 all seems good :)

Last edited:

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Installed 6.5.0 last night. Let my truck sit overnight before driving it. Didnā€™t have any issues with the front motor.

Does anyone know what update typically comes after this one?

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
Installed 6.5.0 last night. Let my truck sit overnight before driving it. Didnā€™t have any issues with the front motor.

Does anyone know what update typically comes after this one?
Was reading 6.8 should be next- in some cases the next day? Not for me yet
Sponsored

Last edited: