• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Did FoMoCo hire some Tesla OTA guys? The updates are flowing like they mean business. 6.5.0 two days ago, just got a notice for 6.8.0. 2023 L-ER built Oct 23.
Sponsored

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Did FoMoCo hire some Tesla OTA guys? The updates are flowing like they mean business. 6.5.0 two days ago, just got a notice for 6.8.0. 2023 L-ER built Oct 23.
Maybe those 20,000 updates that said different variations of “this update will make future updates easier” is finally actually coming to fruition hahaha

Bruiserman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting, 1947 Ford Super Deluxe
Occupation
Firefighter
I'm getting them too, 23 xlt sr. Only had it a few months but am up to 6.8.0 now. Was beginning to wonder if I'd ever start to catch up to everyone.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Unfortunately my 6.8.0 update didnt come through. Instead I received a “Not Completed” status. Does anyone know when the truck will try to reinstall the update? I would love to know what happened but it seems like Javier doesnt have access anymore 😞

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately my 6.8.0 update didnt come through. Instead I received a “Not Completed” status. Does anyone know when the truck will try to reinstall the update? I would love to know what happened but it seems like Javier doesnt have access anymore 😞
It will retry per your schedule until the package expires on the server, 7/14/30 days not 5/7/14 days.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Just got 6.5 as I pulled on the parking lot at work today. Installed successfully. Hoping to get 6.8 shortly.

Because I can't read 30 pages of comments, is there a list of what 6.5 and 6.8 actually do for functional or noticable changes?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I got it back. In your case, the update was canceled on Ford's side with no reason why provided. Nothing you did wrong.....this happens a lot.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.8.0 - Smart Changes: Center Screen 1726589361058-b1

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired
It will retry per your schedule until the package expires on the server, IIRC in 5/7/14 days.
Same thing happened to me (not completed). It hasn't re-tried in the last few days. What does the 5/7/14 days mean? If it doesn't happen within this time period how long until does it wait to re-try?

TIA

Last edited:

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Same thing happened to me (not completed). It hasn't re-tried in the last few days. What does the 5/7/14 days mean? If it doesn't happen within this time period how long until does it wait to re-try?

TIA
OTA triggers have several time-related criteria they must meet before they time out and expire. Depending on which stage of the OTA process the update is in and whether the update requires the vehicle to be inhibited or not, the timer is 7/14/30 days that the update has to ping the server back and then download/install the update.

If the update fails completely, there is no set time frame as to when it will be resent. It could be days, weeks or months before it is resent.

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired
OTA triggers have several time-related criteria they must meet before they time out and expire. Depending on which stage of the OTA process the update is in and whether the update requires the vehicle to be inhibited or not, the timer is 7/14/30 days that the update has to ping the server back and then download/install the update.

If the update fails completely, there is no set time frame as to when it will be resent. It could be days, weeks or months before it is resent.
Thanks a bunch for the great explanation!
Sponsored