First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I just got 6.1.0 a couple days ago! No idea how Ford’s upgrade plan works.
Nor do we ..... LOL, welcome to the club!
Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Also received 6.4.0 yesterday (forgot to check my app until this morning, and it doesn't send me notifications and nothing popped up on the truck's screen when I ran an errand this morning). I didn't notice a change in anything, but I was on the way to a doctor's appt., so was focused on driving. Will monkey with it later.

Definitely getting updates regularly now; last one was the 9th, so no specific day or pattern than I can discern. Still, glad they're coming out fast and furious now. :)

Update: took a break from work and checked some things...didn't see much in the way of differences. CarPlay has been playing nice lately, though, so I won't complain about that (other than Audible changing their interface, and that's not Ford's fault).

I will add that I got the revised 6.2.0 last week and now 6.4.0, so 6.3.0 was skipped altogether. Excited to see what's next!

*looks for a "box of chocolates" gif*... :D

Last edited:

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Yep it’s confusing, it said 6.4.0 earlier now it said there is no info available?

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity IMG_5367

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
Yep it’s confusing, it said 6.4.0 earlier now it said there is no info available?
If you refresh the Ford Pass app the description should come back.

Sponsored

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR Black 8/21/23 blend
Occupation
Builder
I got this update (6.4) while in the middle of my first road trip—actually while I was at a fast charger. I’ve never gotten an update while at home with fast internet. Only randomly while driving!
anyway, i only noticed that my auto fold mirrors stopped working and the app that lets you see “where your power is going” is gone! Yes, it was a little basic, but it was kind of interesting to see how my energy was being used. Anyone else notice this?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I got this update (6.4) while in the middle of my first road trip—actually while I was at a fast charger. I’ve never gotten an update while at home with fast internet. Only randomly while driving!
anyway, i only noticed that my auto fold mirrors stopped working and the app that lets you see “where your power is going” is gone! Yes, it was a little basic, but it was kind of interesting to see how my energy was being used. Anyone else notice this?
Yup, it's happened a couple times on the fly, and one of my updates also occurred while DC fast charging, I don't recall which update it was, but the IPC blanked out for a few seconds then everything returned to normal

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Sticking with my 1 update per week on Thursdays I received 6.4.0 last night. Par for the course, wireless Android Auto connection failed on my first drive post-update and fixed on subsequent drive.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Are you referring to the Power Distribution under MyView in the Instrument Panel?
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1710514474389-

If so, MyView got reset and you need to go in to MyView Settings and re-enable that screen. It happens to me - it always re-enables Brake Coach on these updates.

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder
Are you referring to the Power Distribution under MyView in the Instrument Panel?
1710514474389-ng.png

If so, MyView got reset and you need to go in to MyView Settings and re-enable that screen. It happens to me - it always re-enables Brake Coach on these updates.
Actually, no. I used to have a separate app on the center screen. I can’t remember what it was called, but it specifically showed “where is my power going?” And it would show the driving, accessories, heating, cooling in a graph with their corresponding kw. It was pretty basic. Always wished it was more granular. But now it‘s gone! Poof!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Actually, no. I used to have a separate app on the center screen. I can’t remember what it was called, but it specifically showed “where is my power going?” And it would show the driving, accessories, heating, cooling in a graph with their corresponding kw. It was pretty basic. Always wished it was more granular. But now it‘s gone! Poof!
If you're referring to this
View attachment 80904
That's the Trips app (used to be called Trip Energy). Will show those details for Trip 1, Trip 2, or This Trip. Should be able to select this app on the Sync Apps screen.
View attachment 80905

Last edited:

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Builder

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Nor do we ..... LOL, welcome to the club!
Somebody or some department at Ford knows when powerups will be applied to each truck. Wouldn't it be nice if it showed in the FordPass app when you could expect an update? Mine currently says it's up to date when this is clearly not the case.

It would end all the speculation and voodoo on how to get an update installed. The current method is ridiculous. It really does nothing to enhance the customer experience.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Hey now! Finally a member of 6.4.0 club! Went for lunch and I guess it installed while we were driving there. Got 6.2.0 and 6.2.0 a few days ago. Now to figure out if 6.4.0 did anything! Really happy to get the apple maps ev routing with 6.2.0. Still not seeing the charge level on cluster yet though...

Reactions: GDN

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
I got my 23' Lightning last November. I'm only on Power-Up 4.2.3.1. Am I just stuck at this point?
Sponsored