• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

powertrain malfunction/reduced power - but power is never reduced

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning xlt
Hello everyone, thanks for adding me. I bought a rapid red XLT lighting in april. Day two reservation, ordered last sept.

8 times since July i have randomly received a message saying powertrain malfunction/reduced power. A powertrain or AWD fault has been detected. Error will go away on it's own but then randomly pops up days later, last time it happened was yesterday and before that was last Thursday. Since it does go away i'm not too worried but after the 6th time i took it into the dealership. Dealership said they can duplicate the error and it's happening because the air dam isn't closing. I personally don't see how an air dam can cause a powertrain or AWD fault. They told me the actuators were dirty so they cleaned it and will keep my RO open in case it appears again. Well the error happened again Thursday night after picking it up from the dealership then again yesterday. I called the dealership and told them, they said they're going to replace the actuators and call me back for a date. I haven't heard back.

I want to mention, my power is never reduced. I even look the power distribution screen and power is going to front and rear 60/40 like I'm told it should be split. Regen is happening to front and back too
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired