• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Unfortunately, "not complete" means the OTA failed for some reason.
I've seen you mention that for others. Didn't you also indicate it should get recycled at some future point in time? I mean, short of looking to FDRS, there's nothing more for me to do but wait for a new attempt.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I've seen you mention that for others. Didn't you also indicate it should get recycled at some future point in time? I mean, short of looking to FDRS, there's nothing more for me to do but wait for a new attempt.
100% correct. I can check why it failed, but there's nothing that can be done about it other than wait for it to be resent.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
100% correct. I can check why it failed, but there's nothing that can be done about it other than wait for it to be resent.
I appreciate your offer, but with as busy as you are checking other folks and me not being all that concerned (they'll get here when they get here), I'll just wait for things to align.
I do appreciate all the effort you provide everyone.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Late to the party here. Got my 2023 Lariat ER on 5/5/23. Just got this update around 11 PM on 8/10/24 (arrived around 4 pm, charged LVB to >80% later, and manually triggered a successful install).

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm currently sitting with "Not Completed" on this update. Guess it's waiting game time...
This morning getting in the truck showed the update was scheduled to occur at the next scheduled update. I chose to manually update since I wasn't going anywhere. Shut everything off, locked the truck, noted the countdown timer started and I walked away. Checking FordPass later in the morning it was reported that this update was interrupted and gave the standard list of things to check (all of which were met and should have allowed a successful update)

Hopefully the third time (whenever that may be) will be the charm...

Sponsored

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, it took me several attempts to get it to load. When it finally did, i got a red battery icon on the screen and the truck would not start. I waited a bit and that cleared so all is well again.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, it took me several attempts to get it to load. When it finally did, i got a red battery icon on the screen and the truck would not start. I waited a bit and that cleared so all is well again.
Appreciate the heads up on potential post-update behaviors. Will keep an eye on things.

Frank in AZ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT, 2017 F150 w/Truck Camper
Occupation
Retired
Just got this update overnight. I have my updates set for 1 am. XLT
with 12" screen.

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This finally succeeded last night. Other than being plugged into my FCSP, everything else was the same.

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
Soooo... Update:

Truck has been at dealership for two weeks now. They said they have updated all the modules and it still has the one pedal drive fault.
They are reaching out to Ford field engineer which can reportedly take 3-5 days.

I am going to go get the truck while we are waiting I guess.
It's drivable just no one pedal.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Soooo... Update:

Truck has been at dealership for two weeks now. They said they have updated all the modules and it still has the one pedal drive fault.
They are reaching out to Ford field engineer which can reportedly take 3-5 days.

I am going to go get the truck while we are waiting I guess.
It's drivable just no one pedal.
There are certain powertrain updates that are on hold for the Lightnings, and the 1PD issue is corrected by a PCM update which is most likely on the list on updates that are not available to do on the Lightnings at this time.

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
I should add I discovered that I can turn on 1 pedal if I follow the below routine.

Start truck, one pedal is default selected
Unselect 1 pedal
Put in gear and start moving
Select 1 pedal

It will then work normally until I restart the truck.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
There are certain powertrain updates that are on hold for the Lightnings, and the 1PD issue is corrected by a PCM update which is most likely on the list on updates that are not available to do on the Lightnings at this time.
Does a Ford Field Engineer has the power to apply those even with the hold?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Does a Ford Field Engineer has the power to apply those even with the hold?
That is a good question that I cannot answer with certainty. If I had to give you an answer, I would say no. If the updates are on hold, it is on hold from the engineering department itself and I would assume a field engineer would not be able to supersede a decision made by the guys above him.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
There are certain powertrain updates that are on hold for the Lightnings,

It is unbelievable that this hold on FDRS powertrain updates will be 4 months old next week. How is this possible? They maybe will have the hold released in October!
Sponsored