• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Or better yet - allow a reset from the screen
My thought exactly. There ought to be an "easy" rollback mechanism...

My driveway rises about 5' from the street and makes a greater-than-90-degree turn into the garage (I normally back the truck up the driveway, then drive forward into the garage). AFAIK, there is no way Ford Roadside Assistance could get a flatbed trailer positioned to winch the truck out of the garage onto the trailer. Roadside Assistance told me in reply, "Our people are experts. They'll put your wheels on dollies and roll the truck out of the garage." But as you can see in the photos below, the drive slopes down about two feet to its outer edge, and the neighbor's house is only about 15 to 20 feet away from the driveway. If they lose control of the truck, it will end up crashing into the neighbor's house and/or taking down fences at the top of the driveway. Do dollies have brakes that can be remotely applied?

It's crazy to have an expensive, time-wasting trip to the dealer for who knows how long just because there is no reset mechanism to unlock Inhibit Mode at least enough to be able to drive out of my driveway to be towed onto a flatbed easily.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 IMG_0887

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 IMG_0900
Sponsored

Last edited:

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
My thought exactly. There ought to be an "easy" rollback mechanism...

My driveway rises about 5' from the street and makes a greater-than-90-degree turn into the garage (I normally back the truck up the driveway, then drive forward into the garage). AFAIK, there is no way Ford Roadside Assistance could get a flatbed trailer positioned to winch the truck out of the garage onto the trailer. Roadside Assistance told me in reply, "Our people are experts. They'll put your wheels on dollies and roll the truck out of the garage." But as you can see in the photos below, the drive slopes down about two feet to its outer edge, and the neighbor's house is only about 15 to 20 feet away from the driveway. If they lose control of the truck, it will end up crashing into the neighbor's house and/or taking down fences at the top of the driveway. Do dollies have brakes that can be remotely applied?

It's crazy to have an expensive, time-wasting trip to the dealer for who knows how long just because there is no reset mechanism to unlock Inhibit Mode at least enough to be able to drive out of my driveway to be towed onto a flatbed easily.

[
My guess is that there is a concern that a failed SW update could leave corrupted SW in some modules and just releasing inhibit mode might leave the truck in an unsafe state. I’m not sure why Ford hasn’t pushed for mobile service when this happens, that’s the best solution.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Jim Lewis I work at a dealership that works out of a 9-story 550k sq ft building with columns and tight spaces everywhere. When roadside brings in a car that is not running, our drivers make it work in MUCH tighter spaces than what you showed in the pics. That I would not be concerned about.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My guess is that there is a concern that a failed SW update could leave corrupted SW in some modules and just releasing inhibit mode might leave the truck in an unsafe state.
Yes, I've thought of that. I figured at least I could back it out of the garage and orient it facing down the driveway towards the street so it doesn't have to be pulled at an awkward angle out of the garage or rolled on dollies down a grade. It can take 1 to 2 back-and-forths to get into or out of my garage because of the lousy turning radius of the Lightning.

Shortly before the failed update, my truck had no DTCs, either via OBDLink or Car Scanner using an OBDLink MX+ OBDII reader.

Here are the DTCs that OBDLink currently reports for my vehicle, including being inhibited due to "cloud control" - I was wondering if I release Inhibit Mode with the Mongoose, which just arrived, whether "cloud control" is just going to be reapplied right away?
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 IMG_1008.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 IMG_1009.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 IMG_1010_Edt

The exported DTCs from Car Scanner are much more extensive, including numerous listings of module diagnostics not completed, undoubtedly due to Inhibit Mode (see attached text file).

I thought I'd try removing Inhibit Mode via the Mongoose. If that works and the truck can be started, then I can clear the DTCs, scan again, and see what error codes I still get, if any.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
When roadside brings in a car that is not running, our drivers make it work in MUCH tighter spaces than what you showed in the pics. That I would not be concerned about.
If Ford Roadside Assistance has motorized dollies that can brake and be steered, I can see how they could get the truck out of my garage. Otherwise, if they can't make it in one turn, I don't see where they'll find the room to move the truck back uphill to make another turn, even though the grade is modest.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
Ford Roadside Assistance
You were out of service since 5am yesterday, somehow that doesn't sound like "Roadside" help.

I hope they get it going quickly once they arrive, it seems mobile service could address this issue?

It seems that on that 5am call, Ford would say we have a similar Lightning on its way from the local dealer for you to use while we fix our screw up..

Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Once you click the BCM, you'll see this screen below. Look for the BCM vehicle inhibit reset app, and click download to the far right. Once it downloads, it'll change to the word run in green. Click run and then follow whatever steps FDRS tells you to do.
@rugedraw. I got FDRS set up and went through all the steps you outlined in the post I'm quoting. However, when I ran the BCM Inhibit Mode Unlock procedure, it failed the 2x I tried it.

I presume the reason it failed is the unlock depends on (older?) ICE vehicle ignition functions. The critical point is after the unlock procedure does a scan, it instructs the user to turn the Ignition to Position II (On). On my EV, I'm locked in Full Accessory Mode electronically, and there is no way to turn the ignition to "Position II (On)," whether I step on the brake or not when I push the Power button. If I do whatever and click "OK" to pretend I've successfully switched to Position II, I'm then instructed to power the vehicle off, which I can do, but when I power the vehicle back on, I'll still stuck in Inhibit Mode.

If I go to my ford.com dashboard, it still seems like the cloud is getting data from my vehicle, and a good number of modules in the truck are still green, not orange, in the FDRS scan. So, I wonder, too, if the Ford gods in the heavens are making sure a mere mortal like me can't take the truck out of Inhibit Mode.

BTW, any newbie like me should not buy an FDRS license at any time but regular business hours. The Rotunda support for FDRS is only open from 8 am to 7 or 8 pm Eastern time Monday through Friday. If you buy a two-day license as the weekend starts, you won't be getting any tech support through them until Monday morning. The clock starts running on purchase. There are no excuses, and no delays are allowed for not being able to use the license at the time purchased.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw. I got FDRS set up and went through all the steps you outlined in the post I'm quoting. However, when I ran the BCM Inhibit Mode Unlock procedure, it failed the 2x I tried it.

I presume the reason it failed is the unlock depends on (older?) ICE vehicle ignition functions. The critical point is after the unlock procedure does a scan, it instructs the user to turn the Ignition to Position II (On). On my EV, I'm locked in Full Accessory Mode electronically, and there is no way to turn the ignition to "Position II (On)," whether I step on the brake or not when I push the Power button. If I do whatever and click "OK" to pretend I've successfully switched to Position II, I'm then instructed to power the vehicle off, which I can do, but when I power the vehicle back on, I'll still stuck in Inhibit Mode.

If I go to my ford.com dashboard, it still seems like the cloud is getting data from my vehicle, and a good number of modules in the truck are still green, not orange, in the FDRS scan. So, I wonder, too, if the Ford gods in the heavens are making sure a mere mortal like me can't take the truck out of Inhibit Mode.

BTW, any newbie like me should not buy an FDRS license at any time but regular business hours. The Rotunda support for FDRS is only open from 8 am to 7 or 8 pm Eastern time Monday through Friday. If you buy a two-day license as the weekend starts, you won't be getting any tech support through them until Monday morning. The clock starts running on purchase. There are no excuses, and no delays are allowed for not being able to use the license at the time purchased.
Send me your VIN. I will look into this for you.