• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

jorobillard

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning XLT 2023 ER
You have OTA 6.4.0 sitting in your queue since 7/1, but your truck is not downloading the files for some reason. Also, your truck is reporting an entire boatload of lost comms codes between many modules within the network. Like, A LOT of codes. Any issues with your truck, or is it working fine?
I had issues with communication last weekend so I pull fuse 35 I think to reset the module. Not sure if this cause the errors. I just got back home and I unplug the 12v battery for 2-3 minutes, the truck is downloading power up 6.4....
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I had issues with communication last weekend so I pull fuse 35 I think to reset the module. Not sure if this cause the errors. I just got back home and I unplug the 12v battery for 2-3 minutes, the truck is downloading power up 6.4....
Thanks
Yea, it shows it is working now. It also shows 6.4.0 installed successfully.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1720199614757-r8

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum, 2023 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Could you please check 1FT6W1EV2PWG01078 for me? I'm supposed to have received two or three EAP updates, but there has been no sign of them.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could you please check 1FT6W1EV2PWG01078 for me? I'm supposed to have received two or three EAP updates, but there has been no sign of them.
Nothing has been sent since ECG-24.2.4.9 in mid June. Are you asking because you got an email from them specifically saying this? Just because you're in EAP doesn't mean you'll get anything. many people (including me) are in EAP and have never gotten anything.

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum, 2023 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Nothing has been sent since ECG-24.2.4.9 in mid June. Are you asking because you got an email from them specifically saying this? Just because you're in EAP doesn't mean you'll get anything. many people (including me) are in EAP and have never gotten anything.
Thanks for the update!

I have received two or three emails with links to surveys, asking me to respond with my experiences and opinions of certain updates, none of which I received. Very odd.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum pending sale
Maybe....I am on the Mach E forum, too.

Truck is on Sync 22326 which is a bit old at this point. You can ask, but I would not have high hopes they do any updates. The service department does not do anything for free for the sales department and Ford does not pay dealer to update modules just because there are updates pending. Your truck has hours and hours worth of work to update everything that is pending and no tech is going to do that for free.
Hey @rugedraw I had them do "as many updates as they could" before taking delivery, which got me a personal call from the dealership owner saying that normally they charge for this, but honoured it for free when I informed him the software was ancient on a 117k MSRP truck lol. They started on the 27th and just finished on Tuesday :oops: but there was a holiday weekend in there too.

Would you be able to run the VIN (1FT6W1EV6PWG28493) again and see if they truly updated stuff? I'm attaching the Service Order the tech gave me detailing what was done, but for a layman like me, it's light on details.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread Screenshot 2024-07-06 103631

I'm just blown away my cluster doesn't even show the % remaining (outside Calm Screen) as it's still on the version where it shows 100 and 100 at the top. And I REEEEALLY want to get my Plug and Charge update back that I had in the MachE...makes life so much easier - have it enabled in FordPass but no update on truck yet.

Thanks for all the work!

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hey @rugedraw I had them do "as many updates as they could" before taking delivery, which got me a personal call from the dealership owner saying that normally they charge for this, but honoured it for free when I informed him the software was ancient on a 117k MSRP truck lol. They started on the 27th and just finished on Tuesday :oops: but there was a holiday weekend in there too.

Would you be able to run the VIN (1FT6W1EV6PWG28493) again and see if they truly updated stuff? I'm attaching the Service Order the tech gave me detailing what was done, but for a layman like me, it's light on details.

I'm just blown away my cluster doesn't even show the % remaining (outside Calm Screen) as it's still on the version where it shows 100 and 100 at the top. And I REEEEALLY want to get my Plug and Charge update back that I had in the MachE...makes life so much easier - have it enabled in FordPass but no update on truck yet.

Thanks for all the work!
It seems like they did everything that was showing. Your truck is on Sync 22326, and I see they tried updating the APIM a couple of time with no success. The update you are looking for that shows the % is for the IPC. However, that update requires other updates being installed before that one can be installed. Because they were not able to update the APIM, they were able to get far along the process in terms of the key modules that need to be updated before that IPC updates gets released on the server side.

I do not have a good explanation as to why the APIM update failed. What I can tell you is that if it were my truck and I was updating it and the APIM update failed, I would have kept trying until it went through. With that said, they went way above and beyond what they are required to do by doing what they did. You'll have to wait for the OTA process to get you what you're missing.

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum pending sale
It seems like they did everything that was showing. Your truck is on Sync 22326, and I see they tried updating the APIM a couple of time with no success. The update you are looking for that shows the % is for the IPC. However, that update requires other updates being installed before that one can be installed. Because they were not able to update the APIM, they were able to get far along the process in terms of the key modules that need to be updated before that IPC updates gets released on the server side.

I do not have a good explanation as to why the APIM update failed. What I can tell you is that if it were my truck and I was updating it and the APIM update failed, I would have kept trying until it went through. With that said, they went way above and beyond what they are required to do by doing what they did. You'll have to wait for the OTA process to get you what you're missing.
Dang - the OTA process is brutal lol, kinda shocking they are okay with running it in this way...

But thanks for the info, super insightful stuff. I'll wait a bit and see if the OTAs start rolling in "naturally" lol. Not having the activation of chargers through the truck/bill via Ford account is killing me - so much better than all the different apps/accounts.

On the Service Order, where it says UNABLE TO COMPLETE APIM UPDATE AT THIS TIME. TRIED SEVERAL TIMES. FORD ANNOUNCED SYNC 4 UPDATE SOFTWARE TO BE AVAILABLE BY 4TH QUARTER OF 2024 is that supposed to mean that all trucks should be up to date by that point OR does it mean there is simply a new Sync 4 update planned for then?

• Wow
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Dang - the OTA process is brutal lol, kinda shocking they are okay with running it in this way...

But thanks for the info, super insightful stuff. I'll wait a bit and see if the OTAs start rolling in "naturally" lol. Not having the activation of chargers through the truck/bill via Ford account is killing me - so much better than all the different apps/accounts.

On the Service Order, where it says UNABLE TO COMPLETE APIM UPDATE AT THIS TIME. TRIED SEVERAL TIMES. FORD ANNOUNCED SYNC 4 UPDATE SOFTWARE TO BE AVAILABLE BY 4TH QUARTER OF 2024 is that supposed to mean that all trucks should be up to date by that point OR does it mean there is simply a new Sync 4 update planned for then?
Would be surprising as hell if there is a new update that any dealer knew about this far in advance or if FOMOCO would tell them about. They are months and almost years behind on BC updates. The dealer is filling you full of BS because they are incompetent or FOMOCO has no answer for them.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

What that refers to is that Ford is aware that even if you are on the latest Sync version, there are some issues with phone connectivity and other bugs which they are hoping to address in future update. So yes, I another update for the APIM is coming, but you will need the one(s) before it before you can get that one whenever it gets released. They have to be installed sequentially.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
All they did with FDRS since then is a PCM config procedure on 7/3. Nothing has been done in terms of updating any modules.
It’s been a week since I dropped the truck off and I haven’t heard a word from the dealership yet. Time to give them a call and check in. I’m prepared for them to say that they’ve done all the updates, even tho we all know they haven’t.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
It’s been a week since I dropped the truck off and I haven’t heard a word from the dealership yet. Time to give them a call and check in. I’m prepared for them to say that they’ve done all the updates, even tho we all know they haven’t.
They haven't updated a thing. Unfortunately, I have seen this happen way too many times to count. Nobody likes to work for free, so I don't blame them. Service advisor probably doesn't know what's going on. When you call, he'll ask the tech it is assigned to and the tech will say he did everything, which your advisor will relay that to you.

G-EV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Hello,

Could you please check VIN - 1FTW1EL4PWG07913. Recently purchased truck, was told everything would be up to date. After reading these forums it seems like nothing was done.
Thanks
Sponsored