• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Red battery warning light?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Does anyone know why this red light on bottom right and warning go on. I can’t start my (very expensive). truck and even back it in garage! Very frustrating!

Ford F-150 Lightning Red battery warning light? IMG_2914
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Second symbol - Illuminates when your vehicle is first switched on to show it is properly functioning.
If it illuminates when the motor is running, this indicates your vehicle requires service. Have your vehicle checked as soon as possible.
Driving when this warning lamp is on drains the 12V battery. If you must drive with this light on, turn off all accessories.

The owners manual can explain a lot and save you time and money, maybe even your life.

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
You can go to your dealer, an auto parts shop, or a friend with an OBDII reader and software to read any fault codes. The best case to hope for is that your 12V is low and causing glitches.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I would definitely get a reader so if it happened again, you can monitor the conditions and errors before you reset. Knowing what your 12V SOC is at is always nice. I am not sure how accurate is the Ford website with that info. What is puzzling is that they can show it on the website but not in the truck.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Your truck isn't turned on fully so you get the battery icon.

Did you recently charge on 120v?