Sponsored

Remote Start on used Lightning not working

Riverant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I purchased a new to me 2023 Lariat a few weeks ago and have a very inconsistent Ford App experience. I'm coming from a MachE where I never really had functionality issues as described below.

1. My phone is connected as a PAAK and it automatically unlocks when I approach and usually works to lock/unlock the vehicle from the app. However, the climate control start only works if I'm within a very short distance from the Truck. Otherwise I click it and it appears to be trying to start it, but it just spins for a few minutes before failing. I've deleted and reinstalled the app to see if that reset something but no help. Should I disconnect the 12v or unplug/plug in a specific fuse?

2) Should this car have Walk away lock? It sounds like this rolled out as an OTA but a Ford Advisor told me that's not an available feature. That seems strange so figured I'd ask the more knowledgeable community.

3) Departure Times, preferred charging times, and target charge is very difficult to change. It seems to fail majority of the time
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Double check your Sync settings for connected services, approve all features and sub-features, on occasion folks have disabled functionality by being overly conservative about what they will allow the truck to report to the cloud.

Sounds like bluetooth functions are fine when you're in close proximity, but other features are cloud dependent. If the TCU is bound up and no communication, a 12v pull might help resolve that issue.

Departure times are cloud dependent.

Walkaway locking is not generally available unless you want to update certain modules and feature settings with FDRS & FORSCAN, see that node for detailed discussions.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Riverant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Are there specific instructions for pulling the 12v? Do I just unclip the negative?

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Go to Ford.com and create an account with your vin number. For the remote climate and other remote functions you will have to pay for it. I believe it’s with the Ford premium connected services, but not sure, you’ll have to investigate!

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Are there specific instructions for pulling the 12v? Do I just unclip the negative?
Yes

And honestly, throw a 10mm box end in the truck. Needing to disconnect the 12v battery is not an unheard of event.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's that simple, but you may need to manually close the frunk afterward, then use the drivers side button to open/close it one cycle, then all is good.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I purchased a new to me 2023 Lariat a few weeks ago and have a very inconsistent Ford App experience. I'm coming from a MachE where I never really had functionality issues as described below.

1. My phone is connected as a PAAK and it automatically unlocks when I approach and usually works to lock/unlock the vehicle from the app. However, the climate control start only works if I'm within a very short distance from the Truck. Otherwise I click it and it appears to be trying to start it, but it just spins for a few minutes before failing. I've deleted and reinstalled the app to see if that reset something but no help. Should I disconnect the 12v or unplug/plug in a specific fuse?

2) Should this car have Walk away lock? It sounds like this rolled out as an OTA but a Ford Advisor told me that's not an available feature. That seems strange so figured I'd ask the more knowledgeable community.

3) Departure Times, preferred charging times, and target charge is very difficult to change. It seems to fail majority of the time
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Sponsored