• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Slow charging with Autel 50A

OP
OP

kcoates2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
Did you check the Autel app to see if the output current is set to 40 or 48?
The app and the selector switch in the charger are both set to 48.
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Oops. I knew that, I don't know why I got it backwards in my post.
For DC itโ€™s the opposite, the truck tells the charger it wants 500A and the EA charger laughs and says youโ€˜re lucky to get 100.๐Ÿ˜€

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
The app and the selector switch in the charger are both set to 48.
What does the charging curve in the app look like? Has it ever gone over 3.7kW? That will show you the voltage and current measured in the Autel unit.

Ford F-150 Lightning Slow charging with Autel 50A IMG_0988

OP
OP

kcoates2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
In case a similar issue happens to anyone else, here is an update and how the issue was resolved by Ford:

On 9/13, I had a service appointment at my local Ford dealer to troubleshoot the issue. They performed tests on the battery packs and the related systems and the truck was diagnosed to have a faulty secondary onboard diagnostic module (SOBDM). It took them a week to get the part and perform the replacement. I received the truck back on 9/20 and so far so good (fingers crossed). I can now charge at home with my level 2 Autel charger and it is performing correctly.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
In case a similar issue happens to anyone else, here is an update and how the issue was resolved by Ford:

On 9/13, I had a service appointment at my local Ford dealer to troubleshoot the issue. They performed tests on the battery packs and the related systems and the truck was diagnosed to have a faulty secondary onboard diagnostic module (SOBDM). It took them a week to get the part and perform the replacement. I received the truck back on 9/20 and so far so good (fingers crossed). I can now charge at home with my level 2 Autel charger and it is performing correctly.
Thanks for the update!

Sponsored

GreyCouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Thanks kcoates2. How did they diagnose it? Did you have any error or service lights on your dash indicating a problem?

I ask because I just got my truck back after they replaced an array due to a faulty cell and I immediately experienced a similar issue as you, but with with my Ford Charge Station Pro. I could once charge close to 10% an hour, however it recently took me 9 hours to charge just 18%. DC charging seems to work just fine though.

I look forward to your response as it might help provide some guidance for the crew at my dealership.

OP
OP

kcoates2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
Thanks kcoates2. How did they diagnose it? Did you have any error or service lights on your dash indicating a problem?

I ask because I just got my truck back after they replaced an array due to a faulty cell and I immediately experienced a similar issue as you, but with with my Ford Charge Station Pro. I could once charge close to 10% an hour, however it recently took me 9 hours to charge just 18%. DC charging seems to work just fine though.

I look forward to your response as it might help provide some guidance for the crew at my dealership.
When I first tried to charge the truck on a level 2 charger, the truck faulted and the wrench icon appeared on the dash. When I tried it again, it faulted again, but no wrench. When I called the dealer, while on the phone with the service advisor, he was able to remotely see the codes the truck was throwing. From there, we scheduled the service with a hunch that the truck was having an issue with the AC charging, especially since I was able to use DCFC to charge. If it would help to show what the technician did to diagnose, let me know and I'll be happy to post it here.

GreyCouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
Thanks kc. Anything would help at this point as my dealership is claiming they canโ€™t find anything wrong, however Iโ€™m only charging at 2.8 kw.

OP
OP

kcoates2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning
I was also charging right around 3 kW before the truck was fixed. Here's the info from the the paperwork the dealer gave me after the service was complete. It mentions code P0D67, which may help your dealer if they hook it up to an OBD2 module. I hope this helps them get to the bottom of your issue.

Ford F-150 Lightning Slow charging with Autel 50A 1727118291570-dd
Ford F-150 Lightning Slow charging with Autel 50A 1727118255563-lz