• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Stuck on "Not Completed" for a OTA update.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Any ideas on how to get a "Not Completed" update to go to "Completed"? I have been stuck on this ECG-24.2.5.6.1 update for at least a week, and I am not sure what is happening.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The effort may have expired, hopefully it'll be reissued and next time it will go through with no failure.

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I texted Ford, and they said it tried on the 3rd and could not update. So it will try again, but they are not sure when. My updates are set to happen at 1AM, but I always keep my truck plugged in at night. I also just checked my battery via Fords website, and its at 12.75v. So hopefully the next time it goes though, it will work without issues. I don't recall ever having a "not completed" update before.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Any ideas on how to get a "Not Completed" update to go to "Completed"? I have been stuck on this ECG-24.2.5.6.1 update for at least a week, and I am not sure what is happening.
Are you in EAP?

Mine failed on the same day. FDRS has said that it will retry on its own. I just checked again and I have an update pending as of an hour ago.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stuck on "Not Completed" for a OTA update. 1000030714

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Are you in EAP?

Mine failed on the same day. FDRS has said that it will retry on its own. I just checked again and I have an update pending as of an hour ago.

1000030714.jpg
I am on EAP. While driving home, it said downloading but again it said “Not Completed” soon after.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stuck on "Not Completed" for a OTA update. IMG_3460

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I am on EAP. While driving home, it said downloading but again it said “Not Completed” soon after.

IMG_3460.jpeg
My update failed again. My guess is the Mothership is trying a new update with us EA people and it's not working correctly. The status says the OTA will retry on it's own. There is nothing you can do but enjoy the ride.

Ford F-150 Lightning Stuck on "Not Completed" for a OTA update. update

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My update failed again. My guess is the Mothership is trying a new update with us EA people and it's not working correctly. The status says the OTA will retry on it's own. There is nothing you can do but enjoy the ride.

update.jpg
Same update too… guess we just need to wait it out.

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
I had that last month, but it resolved itself within a week. I charge my Lightning overnight, and set my OTA's to happen at 1am - I just verified I was connected to my home WIFI - and then checked every morning. It took a few days (its tough to be patient, I KNOW, when your baby isn't up to date!! LOL )

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine was stuck for over a week, but noticed it updated yesterday.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
"Not complete" means the OTA failed.

update.jpg
When you click "E1016" under update status, what does it say the reason it failed is?

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
Mine was doing the same thing. I took a nice long ride and it updated when I got back home.

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Based on that, it had trouble installing on of the files. It happens a lot. Nothing you did wrong or could have done differently.
So what would be the fix for @Pioneer74?
Sponsored