• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Destination Charge Question

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
I’m trying to find, but I probably suck at searching. Can we use the Tesla Destination Chargers? For some reason I thought we can’t, but I can’t seem to verify this. The reason I’m asking is I’ll be taking a trip and there is one spot that we will be hanging out for a few hours and I noticed right across the street is a Tesla Destination station. If we can in fact charge on these, then that would be handy, but I just can’t seem to find that we can or cannot.

Also, I tested my new A2Z adapter at a Supercharger, had to pay with the Tesla app but everything went pretty smooth.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
It requires a different adapter from the DC charging one. As Rick mentioned, not all are accessible. I daily charge on a Tesla mobile charger with a Lectron adapter. Anyway, best bet is to use the Tesla app to guide you to chargers open to non-Tesla's.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Ok, thank you for clarifying. There are a decent amount of Super Chargers and newer EA chargers that I should be fine. Maybe after this trip I'll end up buying a few more adapters.

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
You need a Tesla to J-1772 adapter to take advantage of the free/paid Tesla destination chargers.

Tesla destination chargers (level 2) are commonly found at popular hotels / airbnb / shopping centers and parking lots.

Go ahead and search for Tesla destination chargers on Tesla Find Us page to see where they are located.

I have found many of them to be very useful on my roadtrip and help me avoid expensive fast charging.

Tesla Find Us Link

Feel free to use the below links or discount code "FORD" to save on 15% on products sold on A2Z website.

A2Z Stellar Tesla to J-1772 Adapter

A2Z EV Tesla To J1772 adapter (Tesla Destination Charger for Hotels / Shopping centers) | Up to 80A | 20kW | 12 Months Warranty

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Destination Charge Question IMG_8411
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Destination Charge Question IMG_8412
Sponsored