• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla is disrespecting Ford owners

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I feel zero disrespect from Tesla...I've loved using the SC's with my A2Z adapter...my most common roadtrip is from Billings, MT to Missoula, MT (450 miles one way). Before having access to the SC network I was dependent on an EA station 150 miles away from Billings (in Bozeman) and SOLELY dependent on another EA station in Butte, MT, about 110 miles from Missoula (final destination). Before the SC access, if the EA station in Butte was down, I would be completely stuck, or back tracking to a 7kwh charger...fortunately the Butte EA charger was never down when I arrived. There are SC's at both locations. Previously I was terrified (especially when traveling from Bozeman to Butte) and constantly checking the EA app to make sure the charger was operational. Now, I pay almost no mind about charging.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Tesla has 3 SuperCharger locations in Amarillo. One is old, one is new, and the one 10 miles away is open to all vehicles with an adapter. And the one that is accessible is right on I-40, very convenient for travelers.

Second, you don't know that this location won't turn on for everyone soon. Maybe they're making sure it works good first. This location opened a day or two ago. Or, maybe they think it will be congested with lots of vehicles and don't want non-Teslas. Let's see what it says a month from now.

Lastly, you say "Lightning owners should never expect to be treated as anything more than a red headed step child by Tesla". You do realize that Ford has 3 EVs, right? And that Rivian is also authorized. And GM will soon be. And about a dozen other automakers. So thinking that Lightning owners are somehow being slighted makes no sense.
You can't say it any better than this. I was already looking at the SC map for another purpose and zipped over to Amarillo. Very easy to see that one Rick points out.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla is disrespecting Ford owners Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 9.50.38 PM

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I assume that all of you that are making excuses for Tesla have already received your Tesla NACS adapters. Spoiler alert; you are in a very small minority. Ask the majority of us that have their Tesla adapters postponed three or four times how they feel about Tesla’s games.
No one knows that it is Tesla's games. We don't know the delays.

I am quite fortunate to have my adapter and I'm loaning it to a forum member tomorrow that is also waiting on his.

When we bought these trucks (at least most of us 2 years ago) we really had no hope of getting access to Tesla chargers. It is becoming reality. I know Musk is not your favorite person, but it is happening. A decent number of stations are accessible, some of us have been lucky enough to get an adapter. I have no fear the others will come in time. If it is supercritical there are other sources for an adapter that will get access to the chargers that are available to you.

If all else fails buy that Tesla as a backup vehicle and get immediate access to all of them. You know, like getting in bed with the devil himself.

If I could get close to money back out of my truck I'd be back in a new P 3 tomorrow, but lets be honest it is not Tesla that has let the bottom fall out of the market for our overpriced trucks. Tesla is the only reason we have the Lightning.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I am no lawyer but since there many perfectly legal ways to gain a monopoly position, it isn’t a problem until you abuse it to punish competitors and you start getting the attention of government or regulatory agencies, think Microsoft and others and now Google.

Which raises the case of SpaceX. They have a first mover advantage with reusable spacecraft that greatly reduced the cost to orbit. Probably a monopoly but I don’t think they are risk yet for just being successful.
Oh you mean because the only other American company that might even be close to being a competitor has stranded astronauts at the ISS for over 60 days. You know Musk is bursting at the seams waiting to tell the world he went to rescue them with one of his ships. And I'm proud of him for being able to do so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Not sure what the issue is for the Tesla nay-sayers, but Tesla didn’t have to open access to the rest of us. I’m beyond grateful that Tesla did. It made a massive impact to my EV experience practically overnight. Ford didn’t owe me a NACS adapter, but I’m grateful that I’ll get a free one some day in the near future. In the meantime I purchased an A2Z adapter that had been heavily utilized.
Additionally I’ve saved about 33% over EA by having a Tesla charging membership.

Anyway, thanks to Tesla I’m less likely to be stranded on my road trips, have better charging locations, and save money. As Ford owners we have literally nothing to complain against Tesla, they don’t owe us anything.

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Tesla has been very consistent for the last several months. As they bring brand new sites online (V3/V4 without technical limitations.) 60% of the sites support NACS and 40% of the sites are Tesla only. This is quite consistent with the overall % of supercharger sites that support NACS and appears to be a strategic choice.
They talk about connector count instead of site count to exaggerate the amount of the network that is open to others.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
For those that think the fact that Ford is months behind shipping adapters isn't due to Tesla not meeting their contractual requirements, I have a wonderful bridge for sale. Perfect for you, highly sought after.

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I very clearly remember how so many on this forum promoted Tesla Superchargers back when it was just talk even though they were warned that Tesla would play games and could not be trusted. Now people on this forum are making excuses for Tesla’s bad behavior. All I’m saying is that as long as we are dependent on Tesla for DCFC we should expect to be disappointed.
I think that being dependent on the sub-par EA, ChargePoint, EvGo, etc. CCS DCFC experience is already a major disappointment. Having access to (some) of the Tesla superchargers is a very nice option for those who want a better experience when on road trips.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.....but Lightning owners should never expect to be treated as anything more than a red headed step child by Tesla.
You do know that some Tesla Superchargers are on private / HOA / commercial gate locked access areas ?

There is one SC location near my work that has locks on it for local government vehicle use only.

Another is a mall where they have restricted hours and are not 24/7.

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Tesla is opening up new chargers and making additional existing chargers opened up to us. They opened a new 40 stall v4 location in Mt Laurel NJ a few weeks ago and sometime in the last two weeks they made previoulsy Tesla only stations at some of the rest stops on the CT turnpike open to those with adapters. They’re working on it. It may not be on everyone’s preferred timeline but it, like EV adoption, is slowly grinding forward.

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
My hope is as competition heats up in the charging space. Tesla will open up more and more stations to keep their stock price at a favorable level for their shareholders and executives.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Tesla is opening up new chargers and making additional existing chargers opened up to us. They opened a new 40 stall v4 location in Mt Laurel NJ a few weeks ago and sometime in the last two weeks they made previoulsy Tesla only stations at some of the rest stops on the CT turnpike open to those with adapters. They’re working on it. It may not be on everyone’s preferred timeline but it, like EV adoption, is slowly grinding forward.
Please stop posting things like this. Everyone knows they're trying to screw us over. Anything to the contrary is misleading. :wink:
Sponsored