• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla stops reservations for cheapest Cyberturd

OP
OP

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Clearly you have no valid points to argue. Have a nice day.
I was answering your question. Don’t be mad bruh. Just cause other people have different opinions than you. 🤷‍♂️😱
Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
While technically true, Ford's API is useless. You can't do anything close to what you can do with Tesla's. The code I wrote to control and charge my Tesla is impossible with Ford's API. Saying it is "a little more limited" is absurd. It's close to useless! I was hoping back in March that someday they'd improve it, but that was before I realized how difficult it is for Ford to upgrade the truck's software, say nothing of the API. Bottom line is, Tesla continues to improve the features of their cars, Ford struggles to keep the battery from dying so they can update bugs in theirs.

And yes, I know about Tesla's API too. I had to change from the "Unofficial" version to the "Official" version late last year. A pain, but not really relevant to the conversation.
Ford is playing catch up with the software - and EVs.
Tesla was founded by a guy who made his millions/billions from software - Zip2 and then PayPal after all.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT 😘
Occupation
Database developer
I was answering your question. Don’t be mad bro. Just cause other people have different opinions than you. 🤷‍♂️😱
Except you're not, "bro". Your ad hominem attacks tell me you have nothing left to argue.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database developer
Are you able to adjust charging speed by manipulating amperage? Get back from the car the estimated time of charge completion? Two very important pieces to my use case. When I checked in March, that was not possible.

OP
OP

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Except you're not, "bro". Your ad hominem attacks tell me you have nothing left to argue.
Didn’t know I was obligated to try to change your personal opinion. Must have missed that in the forum rules.

You have yet to say why you strongly disagree so you have to work with me smalls.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
lol for sure. Just a ton of Lightning owners dumping their Lightning bc their # for CT came in. I don’t think the CT qualifies as a truck…rather an EV car that tows.
Numbers to back that up?

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database developer
Didn’t know I was obligated to try to change your personal opinion. Must have missed that in the forum rules.

You have yet to say why you strongly disagree so you have to work with me smalls.
Easy and already expressed, so why repeat myself? I'll do it just for you, "bro." The CT is much more advanced technologically, and that isn't an opinion...it's fact. 4 wheel steering, air suspension, 48 volt architecture and software are all factually more advanced. There. I said it again. As I've also stated, that doesn't necessarily make it a better truck, but it does make it more advanced technically which has been my point all along.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database developer
The estimated time of completion is a piece I didn't see...and I always manipulated the amperage directly through the car's API. The Tesla charger that I'm using doesn't have that control via API.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database developer
Great...one point of many. There's no evidence it's worse and it's hard to believe that "more power" is ever a wash.

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database developer
Oh my God you are impossible. You admit the CT API is better (last I knew we were discussing CT vs Lightning) than Lightning. So you can't win that argument, so instead you switch to charger and charger APIs. Seriously, do you "hear" yourself?

I'm out.

It's SOOO obvious that the tech of the CT is superior to that of the Lightning. You guys are unable to see things from a neutral perspective.

Good luck.
Sponsored