• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Yes. I think most of the time it won't be an issue at all and occasionally when it is an issue people will mostly cooperate.

I'm not sure why there are so many people bitching here. This is a HUGE HUGE benefit to Lightning owners and yet (some) people are now whining like little girls about how long the f'n cables are. One person on this thread even called it a 'money grab' like it's some evil plot to hurt Lightning owners or something.
Agreed!
This will increase the resale value of Lightnings, especially the SR version. It will also help those who wish to tow with their EV.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Maybe GEN2 Lightnings will have the port placed on the left rear quarter panel like so many other EV's
A left rear position would make it that much harder to charge without dropping the trailer. Hopefully longer cables and pull-through stations become more common--then it won't really matter where your port is.

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning
Agreed!
This will increase the resale value of Lightnings, especially the SR version. It will also help those who wish to tow with their EV.

Super large EV's towing stuff fitting into very tight charging spaces. The Tesla kool aid drinkers will love that!

I am waiting for that Youtube footage!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
A left rear position would make it that much harder to charge without dropping the trailer. Hopefully longer cables and pull-through stations become more common--then it won't really matter where your port is.
Definitely agree for the few of us trailer owners, but for the bulk of grocery getters......

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Definitely agree for the few of us trailer owners, but for the bulk of grocery getters......
The rear left position is much better for loading groceries in the trunk.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Guy, what happened to your poor license plate?
Ha ha - you have good eyes!

It's my temporary photocopied vinyl plate while I am waiting for my permanent vinyl plate that I ordered from Canada:
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock VinylPlateUCLAlightni

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Is there such a thing as a CCS Extension Cable?

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
There is a CA DMV approved vinyl plate available here: https://licenseplatewrap.com/
Yes, but they won't replicate the Collegiate plate for mine - just the standard white or black plates.

Adhesive Replica in Canada did the collegiate custom for me.
Very nice quality with reflectorized background.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I mean, the more the merrier I suppose, but at $0.50 / kW it's pretty darn expensive.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Super large EV's towing stuff fitting into very tight charging spaces. The Tesla kool aid drinkers will love that!

I am waiting for that Youtube footage!
šŸ¤” Tight spaces are also found at some EA locations. This one is at a super busy Walmart in Manchester, CT. These arenā€™t pull thru bays and navigating a lighting into them is nail biting. You also have to do this while avoiding buses and shopping carts. Itā€™s quite entertaining watching EVā€™s navigate into these spaces, getting charging to start or realizing only 1 charger per EV (despite 2 handles).
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock 9B82C741-D2F9-479B-B3F6-9D11615058BC

PlugShare Posts
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock 186DA157-7C53-4D08-82ED-F624286BAFE8
Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock B3D85D69-5416-4B72-B919-536BB0915767

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
šŸ¤” Tight spaces are also found at some EA locations. This one is at a super busy Walmart in Manchester, CT. These arenā€™t pull thru bays and navigating a lighting into them is nail biting. You also have to do this while avoiding buses and shopping carts. Itā€™s quite entertaining watching EVā€™s navigate into spaces, actually getting charging to start or realizing only 1 charger per EV despite 2 handles.
I really donā€™t understand why EA has two CCS cables on each unit. Every time Iā€™ve charged, either one would have reached.
Sponsored