• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The lightning is awesome, except the embarrassingly bad infotainment system.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Obviously I know this truck is less “tech-y” than a tesla, but dang you’d think a vehicle that relies so heavily on the infotainment system would have a little better quality and better refresh rate than what feels like 10-15hz.
I'm with you brother.
Sponsored

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, the Lightning software is awful. Anyone who also owns a Tesla will agree.

The navigation shows you where all the gas stations are. Telling, and how embarrassing.

Why can't I send a destination from my phone? Why can't I get a real time location? My kids laugh when I try to add a destination with vioce commands. Options show up in a list but not on the map. Useless.

Why does it take so long to boot up every time? (10 seconds). Why do we have to turn it on and off? Why don't the windows work when it is "off" and someone opens the door? Why does phone as a key work only most of the time? My wife now only carries the monster key fob in fear of getting locked out again. Old ICE mentality.

Navigating to a DC fast charger? Total gamble unless you've been there before. How do you pre-heat the battery for fast charging? It doesn't matter because the fast charging isn't fast.

OTA updates? Kareokee is the biggest one? What a joke.

Tesla is iPhone 16, Ford is like a flip phone.

Oh well, it is a good truck, not a great electric vehicle. I got a good deal on it. I wish the dealer could figure out why the service engine soon light keeps coming on.
:thumbsup: