• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm guessing that order form you filled out has not guarantees in it either. I'm sure that receiving it before the end of the year or even the middle of next year it will bring more benefit than the price you paid for it.
I'm kinda confused what you're getting at. The only contract in place would be the one that allows Ford's to access the SC network. There are no contracts involved with placing an order for the adaptor. They've always used the "estimated ship date" on their update page, so I'm not under any illusion that I'm owed an adaptor in a given timeframe. If that's what I implied, I misspoke.

I'm disappointed that I haven't received mine yet. I'd like to have saved a couple hundred bucks but I needed a little extra peace of mind for travel so I shelled out. I'm not concerned about Ford stepping on toes and Elon yanking away access. I am concerned about Ford sending me anything, an OTA or adaptor.
Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
I thank Ford for making a deal with Tesla to allow us to use the SC system. That will help us make some trips we wanted to do. On my last long trip the SC chargers were cheaper too.

To bad Ford's deal fell apart, but it will eventually happen ... I think, who knows with Elon? He paid twice the value for Twitter than drove off the income stream advertisers ...

A good adapter is available with 2 weeks wait. It cost, but resale later will take some of that pain away.

After all, what is 2-3 hundred more after buying a $$k vehicle when there was no suggestion we could ever use the SC system.

Of course I am not typical, I patiently waited 2 years for the truck! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Self Employed
I just checked my est ship date and has moved from August to September. Maybe get it by Christmas LOL!

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Sorry but all the anger at Ford is misplaced. They made a deal with an egotistical maniac and have to walk on eggshells around him or he will pull all access to SCs.
Well, when I was on active duty we had a saying. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Ford is the one that pushed. FORD. Not Elon, not Tesla, not the third party. F O R D did.

The hostility is placed squarely where it belongs. Ford screwed the pooch here. This is a multi-billion dollar company that had the nerve to get out there and thump its chest about how great this would be, pushed the idea, and is now saying NOTHING.

I got one e-mail today, after a THREE month delay. What in the actual f@ck? Oh, and that three month delay? Yes, it's just been turned into two additional months.

Ford screwed this up, Ford should step to the plate, and OWN it.

I make no apologies for being lied to and mislead. None. I personally detest being mislead and lied to and that is exactly what Ford has chosen to do here.

They deserve every single letter of upset posts they get.

To blame this on Musk is a bit more misplaced. He is one person at Tesla, and while he may have an ego and may make you upset, this is ultimately FORD's responsibility and they are showing a continued pattern of horrid behavior towards their customers. Meanwhile they lose thousands of dollars on every EV they make. This doesn't help.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13415 also pushed to September.

Anyone have the betting odds on getting them this year? Before or after B.C. 1.X
I think we'll get a nice Christmas present from Ford......only 8 months late.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So you are assuming it will be here by this Christmas.
Ha! I learned a LONG time ago to try not to assume anything. I said I think. But as I have now had to make several trips without something that was supposed to be here 2 months ago, I suspect even Christmas may be a stretch.

It would make my trip down south next week far easier and quicker but nooooooooooo. Ford wanted to do this nonsense.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I think if there's no new shipments right around september 1st I am just going to order the Lectron. I have a trip midmonth that I basically HAVE to have it for.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ha! I learned a LONG time ago to try not to assume anything. I said I think. But as I have now had to make several trips without something that was supposed to be here 2 months ago, I suspect even Christmas may be a stretch.

It would make my trip down south next week far easier and quicker but nooooooooooo. Ford wanted to do this nonsense.
Yup, I have a 1000 mile round trip next week too. Thankfully I have done this one before and as long as they are working it is doable on EA

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Ford F-150 Lightning Update: F-150 Lightning Fast Charging Tesla Adapters Start Shipping TODAY Per Ford! 372%2Fm%2F1%2Ffb83f4a0-f972-44a3-b74c-dd91e0645a79
Due to ongoing supply constraints, there is a further delay of your complimentary Fast Charging Adapter. We know this is frustrating. Thank you for your continued patience.

To expedite your adapter delivery, we are rapidly working with our supply base to increase high-quality production. We are confident we will have a solution in the coming weeks. As adapter supply increases, our goal is to work as fast as possible to get your adapter to you.

We will continue to update you on the estimated timing of your adapter. In the meantime, make sure you’re ready to Plug & Charge with Tesla Superchargers by setting your vehicle’s automatic software updates to “On.”

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I felt the same way. I mentioned to my service advisor that I haven't had an update since Oct '23 when I scheduled my 30k service. He said that was odd and would take a look at it when I bring it in. Sept 9th drop off, we shall see.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
From the start, back on Feb 29, mine said June.
When Ford sent its thank you for your patience email in June, I checked and it stil, said June.
It’s now July 19 so I checked and it says “by July 2024”

I’m not holding my breath I ordered the new A2Z version a week or two ago.

I also bought a destination charger adapter for Tesla Level 2 chargers. Like those at hotels.
After getting my latest Ford apology email I checked my status. I’d ordered my adapter on 2/29 and had a June promise up to some time in July, LOL. I just checked and it’s moved to September. I should get my A2Z adapter well before then.

Tjese things should not be hard to make, it seems Tesla’s disposal of their charging division screwed over Ford and anyone else getting adapters from them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.