• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Walk away lock after update

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Changing values in Forscan won't work without the BCM update either through FDRS or whenever it gets pushed OTA.

You can read the ICE thread for some more details on it as well if interested. Keep in mind that ICE and ours won't be the same on everything, but the discussion around this feature is helpful in understanding the requirements.
2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? | Page 205 | F150gen14 -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Tremor, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | News, Owners, Community, Discussions
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Changing values in Forscan won't work without the BCM update either through FDRS or whenever it gets pushed OTA.

You can read the ICE thread for some more details on it as well if interested. Keep in mind that ICE and ours won't be the same on everything, but the discussion around this feature is helpful in understanding the requirements.
2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? | Page 205 | F150gen14 -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Tremor, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | News, Owners, Community, Discussions
Are you using the Mongoose? I’ve been wanting to do FDRS but it’s just so darn expensive

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Yes the Mongoose

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
I wonder when this will start getting pushed over the air. Can’t wait for this one.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
1) If you have gotten the BCM update;

2) and your FordPass is telling you that your vehicle was locked by Walk Away Lock when you walk away from it;

3) and you are familiar with FORSCAN;

You can enable the WAL menu in the Sync Vehicle Lock menus by selecting the APIM 'easy mode' in FORSCAN (not the asbuilt mode with the hex values) and then scrolling all the way down to Walk Away Lock and then just enable it.

Write the value, turn the truck off, and then back on when told to, and the menu will appear under the Vehicle menu in the Locks section:
Ford F-150 Lightning Walk away lock after update WAL_Menu

This function has nothing to do with PAAK. So jumping through hoops to delete and restore your profile etc. won't help.

Antimater

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

2) and your FordPass is telling you that your vehicle was locked by Walk Away Lock when you walk away from it;

You can enable the WAL menu in the Sync Vehicle Lock menus by selecting the APIM 'easy mode' in FORSCAN (not the asbuilt mode with the hex values) and then scrolling all the way down to Walk Away Lock and then just enable it.

Write the value, turn the truck off, and then back on when told to, and the menu will appear under the Vehicle menu in the Locks section:
WAL_Menu.png

This function has nothing to do with PAAK. So jumping through hoops to delete and restore your profile etc. won't help.
Thanks for sharing this! I was using the as-built and managed to erase my 1-pedal drive toggle while trying to enable the WAL toggle. I have them both on the menu now thanks to your post! (y)

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
My understanding is walk away lock was a PAAK feature. Is it actually a feature with a standard fob? Curious as an XLT ER with no PAAK.

OP
OP

Magendi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat

WAL_Menu.png

That’s awesome, thanks! I just enabled it. Walk away lock is awesome almost everywhere but it’s a huge pain at home. I wish it had the feature to designate locations where it’s inactive. Still I think I’ll probably leave it enabled for now. Nice to have the option!

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
My understanding is walk away lock was a PAAK feature. Is it actually a feature with a standard fob? Curious as an XLT ER with no PAAK.
Walk-away worked with my MME without me setting up PAAK. I think it could work with our XLTs, probably with a minor software change, but it's a trim differentiator, so they probably will keep it only available to Lariats and Plats. I'm sure someone can figure out how to hack it in there for us.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Is the BCM update working now?

Tried with FDRS last time and it requires special username password to do the update
Patiently waiting myself… idk 🤷‍♂️ why it’s taking so long for Ford to get this resolved. Ridiculousness.

trailcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning - Lariat ER
That’s awesome, thanks! I just enabled it. Walk away lock is awesome almost everywhere but it’s a huge pain at home. I wish it had the feature to designate locations where it’s inactive. Still I think I’ll probably leave it enabled for now. Nice to have the option!
Same here - frustrating that now we have to have our phone or key with us to unlock the car when at home. I'm hoping Ford allows us to disable Walk away lock when at home.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I’m not that computer-savy. I don’ know what most of the acronyms stand for. My Tesla has walk-away locking and phone- as- a-key and I would like my truck to have them too. (2022 Lariat). Should the dealer be doing this for me? Under warranty?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I’m not that computer-savy. I don’ know what most of the acronyms stand for. My Tesla has walk-away locking and phone- as- a-key and I would like my truck to have them too. (2022 Lariat). Should the dealer be doing this for me? Under warranty?
No, the dealer is not required to do module updates that aren't related to a warranty/recall/TSB/CSP. But it depends on the dealer and service type. Between my son's Mach-E and my Lightning we have had the Mobile Service three times for various recalls or CSP's and each time the tech would update modules if we asked. Note I could not get a mobile visit just for a random module I wanted updated - we had to have a valid reason for the visit to begin with.

I think it is due to Mobile Service since you actually talk to the tech and can watch them work. Since they are there doing warranty work, they seem more willing to do some extra things. If you take it in to the dealer you are at the mercy of the service advisor and they are likely not going to do anything extra.
Sponsored