• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Watching Netflix While Driving

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Hey! Quick question, I followed that link (thanks for sharing). And was ready to buy but the description says it’s not compatible with 2022 Fords. There also seems to be like 6 different boxes that appear to be the same visually but are different prices. Can you clarify which one you have? Seeing box AI, bad max, box max 23. Ect. Sorry. Thanks in advance
I’m specifically using the Carlinkit AI Max 12 (top left corner in the image below ) .. it works perfectly with the 15” screen and has no issues. Another forum member bought the 13 version which has Android 13 .. he is having no issues except Hulu wont work on his which I believe to be an issue with android 13 .. so I would for with the 12 version .

Ford F-150 Lightning Watching Netflix While Driving IMG_4120
Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I’m specifically using the Carlinkit AI Max 12 (top left corner in the image below ) .. it works perfectly with the 15” screen and has no issues. Another forum member bought the 13 version which has Android 13 .. he is having no issues except Hulu wont work on his which I believe to be an issue with android 13 .. so I would for with the 12 version .

IMG_4120.jpeg
Huge thanks dude🤙🏼

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
No judgment here (brace for judgy comment): sounds like a bad idea to watch tv while driving.
Completely agree and my kids have a table for that. I’m more interested in mirroring my phone for on screen data from my phone linked to the OBD II port on the truck

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Can anyone tell me if the Directv app works on this device?

lowcutkilt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
I’ve owned three AI or MMB devices now for the purpose of having streaming services separate from the Sync interface and the one to get is the CarLinkit 12 plus ( also called max sometimes) .
It’s spectacular. For the OP , you can have Waze open and then have the app of your choice do play video Picture in Picture.

This is also the only device I’ve found yet that fills the entire screen on the lightning

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg
Question....does this still work while driving or does it shut off once you go in motion?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Question....does this still work while driving or does it shut off once you go in motion?
Still works while driving . It's essentially a hack of Apple CarPlay . So if CarPlay would display , this will display.